“Pretty good” 4 of 5 bubbles

Bombay Tandoori & Banquet
Ranked #44 of 530 Restaurants in Torrance
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Anza Avenue
Description: Best Indian Restaurant in Torrance. Banquet Hall for up to 250 guests. Dine in, Take out, Catering, Free Delivery.
Los Angeles, California
“Pretty good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2013

This place is pretty good. Honestly, I don't think it's the best Indian food I've ever had. However, it is probably one of the few Indian restaurants that provide amazing customer service! They're service was great! They promptly refilled my water. I never ran out of water! The food came out quick. The sauces were great. The curries were all really good as well. The chicken in the Chicken Makhani we ordered was a bit hard to chew. It seemed a bit over cooked. But it was minor so I didn't worry too much about it. All in all, we had a good dinner here. They share a parking lot with the Days Inn.

• Visited April 2013

Los Angeles, California
“Excellent customer service, fresh & hot food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013

Of all indian food places I have ever been to, this is by far the best in customer service! The wait staff was warm, friendly, and attentive. Drinks were fast to be refilled, plates were quick to be cleared!

We had a party of six that went for brunch buffet on Saturday. Everything at the buffet line was piping hot, fresh, and was always kept full. If the mangoes got taken from the fresh cut fruit, it was immediately refilled before we could even go back for more. My BF was absolutely in love with the chicken tikka marsala.

The only complaint I had was that the paneer and daal was a little salty for my taste (I was the only one that complained, but I also prefer things blander--so it could just be me). Everyone else in my party was happy and satiated.

We will definitely be back.

• Visited January 2013
Bay Area
“Indian food buffet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

The food service is efficient
The onion nan is very good as is the chicken tikka masala
Thought that the lamb dish was a little tough & chewy

• Visited November 2012
Maine, USA
“Best Indian food outside of India.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

This review is long overdue. I ate here with my sister and her kids a few weeks back. The restaurant was recommended by a co-worker. It was easy to find, although I was a bit skeptical at first as its attached to a hotel.
As we were led to our table by the manager, we passed a room where there was a banquet going on. Great Indian music and everyone seemed to be having a good time. The restaurant side was also quite busy.
We ordered the tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, raita and vegetable biryani rice. The portions were very reasonable and when it came to the taste, it was spectacular.
The service was also excellent. Although they were busy, we never had to wait and both the manager, (who waited on us), and two other servers were always available.

I travel to India often for business and have to say that this truly is one of the best Indian restaurants I have gone to in the U.S.
Not only will I go there again when in California, but recommend it.

• Visited October 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Best authentic Indian food in Torrance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2012

As well travelled British ex-pats who love Indian cooking, we've spent over 5 years looking for good quality Indian food in this area. The Bombay is perhaps in the least likely location, as part of a Days Inn motel, but is in our opinion the very best Indian restaurant in the Torrance area.

We've eaten both a la carte and from the buffet menu, and have always been very happy with the quality of food, service and surroundings. The food is well prepared and appropriately spiced - by that I don't mean hot, but the proper flavours that belong to certain dishes. The texture is right, and not too watery for vegetarian dishes. Meat dishes contain lean cuts, and generous portions. Service is just right, in my view - appropriately attentive, giving an impression that if there's any problem it will be treated seriously, as opposed to the usual throwaway "everything okay?". There is always a manager walking the floor, and we invariable get courteous, helpful and welcoming service.

If you go for the weekend buffet ($12.99 as at October 2012) I think you won't be disappointed. For this price you get a beverage of choice (iced tea is good here, as is mango lassi), nan bread freshly prepared and delivered to your table, and a good range of starters, entrees and 4 desserts (with no Jello and plenty of cardamom!)

We've tried the takeout service once, and found the food very well packed and presented. We live outside the delivery area so can't comment on that service.

For a date night the ambiance is good. Unobtrusive, with privacy and quite a bit of intimate style for the price.

If you find this review helpful, I'd be so grateful if you'd mark it so. It's really good to get feedback.

• Visited October 2012