“Amazing hotel!”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Torrance, California
“Amazing hotel!”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This hotel is AMAZING! Service, location, rooms, restaurant... everything! I highly recommend it! I can't wait to go back! The staff is super nice and helpful, the rooms are SO CLEAN and spacious, I absolutely LOVED their BATHROOM! Honestly, the best hotel in it's price range. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this place. Next time, I'll make sure to book some spa services!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2012
Dear LiveLoveTravelLearn,
Thank you so much for your high recommendation, I am so glad you enjoyed our bathrooms and look forward to seeing you back soon, so you can experience the genuine Japanese Spa services!

Cherie Davis,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I worked in this area for years, and since then have supported clients in the general area. For years my"go to" options were the Torrance Marriott (even as an elite Marriott member, I've never liked the property) or the Courtyard (boring, noisy "on-the-405" location). This hotel is a GODSEND and I'm sorry I'm not the developer who thought of it! Yes it's true it's not near anything, but Torrance is that way in general, as is the entire South Bay IMO. But if you need a location in or near here, and desire a large modern room, great bed and linens, and cordial attentive service, it's terrific. The only personal downsides were the breakfast buffet (expensive and not a good value) and the lighting in the rooms was insufficient. Small items in the overall scheme. I recommend it!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Niagara Falls, Canada
Reviewed 4 December 2011

The Miyako Hotel was amazing. I have been traveling for 30 years and this hotel is top on my list. The hotel is SUPER CLEAN. The staff are friendly and informative. The rooms are beautiful and spacious. The beds are comfortable and BIG. I enjoyed the green tea provided and I especially enjoyed drinking the tea out of the japanese tea set. I used the fitness centre three times and the equipment was adequate. Torrance was the perfect location to Hollywood, LAX and the San Pedro port terminal. I am looking forward to returning to California one of these days and staying at the Miyako Hybrid Hotel. I wish all the hotels I stay at could be just as wonderful.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank crazycruisers
Chicago
Reviewed 21 November 2011

Rooms are great. Comfortable bed, huge tv, nice desk. Japanese bathroom is fun. Staff very friendly. Did not use common areas, but lobby was nice.

• Stayed November 2011
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My husband and I stayed overnight at this hotel this weekend and wow. We were attending a wedding that started at 3 and we wanted to get ready in the hotel prior. They were sold out the night before but were able to get us a room for 1:30 check in. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was beautiful and very modern and very clean. The only thing that I can complain about is that the lighting in the room/bathroom wasn't that great. The bathtub and shower were huge, bed and pillows very comfortable. We stopped in the bar on the way home and sat at the bar, again everyone was very friendly. I ordered some calamari that was fabulous and my husband had some sushi that he loved. Drinks were great and not overly expensive. We ordered room service for breakfast, portions were large enough to share and very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Utah
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Loved, loved, loved the Miyako! I travel to Torrance on business the same time every year and have stayed at many of the hotels in the area. It is by far the best. Super comfortable bed and bedding and very large hi tech bathroom. Even standard rooms come with robes and slippers. Tea pot in addition to the coffee maker. The spa stays open late and I was able to get a 9pm appointment. I enjoyed the facilities for about an hour before and after and had an amazing nights sleep. I did not eat in the restaurant but did get some sushi to go and it was very fresh and good. All of the staff were very friendly and professional.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Susan S
TX
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We picked this hotel after reading all the great reviews & like to try a different area/hotel each time we come out to LA. The hotel is very modern & clean with extremely friendly & courteous staff - they are very welcoming. We had a deluxe king room which was spacious, clean, & modern & contemporary styled. The shower/tub area is new to me but very welcoming & spacious. The sink vanity area is adequate & the electronic bidet seat is a very nice amenity - it made me consider buying one for the house. The room has a mini-fridge & the beds are very comfortable. We were on the 3rd floor & had a small patio that we could open & let a breeze into - we had a decent view that faced the Mitsuwa shopping center (nice hidden gem) which has a grocery store that is really convenient for picking up any drinks, snacks, medicines you need. We had some great-tasting sea urchin from the seafood market & enjoyed a delicious bowl of noodles at the food-court. There are good restaurants nearby & the area does not have heavy traffic so their is very little road noise that we experienced. The walls are slightly thin (we heard some neighbor noise one night) & we could kind of hear the conversation from another room traveling through the air vents in the bathroom but these occurrences were very rare. Overall, we enjoyed our stay & would come again. We were always out & about during our stay here doing activities & didn't get to experience the restaurant or the spa services but will try them out next time as we read some good reviews of the restaurant & we are avid sushi lovers.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor but I read that the 5th floor & higher have the best views.