“Another great stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Vancouver, Canada
“Another great stay”
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

Got to stay at Miyako again for the 3rd time and it was even better than before. Due to limited availability, I was upgraded to the room on the 7th floor (executive?). The roomis is as nice as my oprevious stay with extra perks. Complementary bottled water, and also a rain-style shower head. Oh, and how about a window between the bathroom and living room? It was awesome. Soaking in the tub while watching my favorite TV show :)
Massage at the spa was also perfect and super relaxing!

1 Thank ADJOKO
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Dear ADJOKO,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay at the Miyako Hybrid and thank you for your loyalty. We truly appreciate your business! We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities on our Executive floor.
We look forward to seeing you again very soon.

Cherie Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2013

I booked the Miyako for my first visit to LA on 4/6/13 and stayed in a mountain view room on the 5th floor of the 7 story hotel. It was about a 15 minute drive south of LAX, located in a developed, but quite residential area with views of the Palos Verdes Mountain/Hills.

Check-in was super fast with smiles and name recognition. The bellman was very nice and took a couple of minutes to fill me in about the room, beaches and scenic trips to the Hills.
The hotel looks pretty new and high end. I was actually surprised at the quality of the decor, bedding, towels and toiletries. Down comforters and free slippers were a bonus on top of the full patio.

It's a Japanese hotel, and the toilette had a heated seat and bidet. The huge glass and stone shower area contained a soaking tub so deep that the edge came up over my shoulders (I'm 5,7", so that's a deep tub) and had 2 packs of lavender soaking salts sitting on the ledge.
I will definitely be back. It was one the best hotel stays that I have ever had, very peaceful and relaxing.

I found Santa Monica beach (about 5 miles north of the hotel) to have beautiful sunset views, but it was covered with sea weed and fly infested (maybe I visited on an off day, there were lots of people there). Malibu beach was about 20 miles north of the hotel and much better maintained. Make free reservations to visit the Getty Villa Museum in Malibu, it’s expansive and tranquil. There was a live band playing cultural music the Sunday that I visited.

Room Tip: Ask for a Mountain View room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2013
Dear Atljoy,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, we really appreciate it! We are honored that you chose the Miyako Hybrid on your first trip to LA, we know you have many choices for lodging and thank you for your business!
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities, service and location and we hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 9 April 2013

This hotel was one of the biggest reasons I enjoyed my first trip to LA. The room itself was perfect, elegantly (yet modernly) decorated, the bed was comfortable and the walls kept the sound out. The bathroom was amazing, from the heated toilet seat to the wonderfully relaxing soaking tub. I felt safe with the elevators being ‘locked’ with the key, and the service from the moment I stepped on the property to when I left was extremely helpful and kind. The staff made me feel as if I had known them for years, that we were old friends. The location was great, easy to get to/from LAX, convenient to San Pedro and Long Beach. And with Mitsuwa next door, I didn't even have to get in a car to have fun! Just talking about it made my wife jealous, so next time I’m in LA I am bringing her – and, of course, staying at Miyako Hybrid!

Room Tip: I stayed on the north side of the building, overlooking the parking lot, and had no complaints.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank 4ED
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2013
Dear 4ED,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are honored that we made your first trip to LA special! Out staff were excited to read your review, they are dedicated to providing memorable experiences to all of our guests. Our location and unique amenities make us the perfect location for business and leisure needs.
We look forward to seeing you and your wife back soon!

West Coast USA
Reviewed 1 April 2013

There is no questioning the quality and detail of this property. You could actually place this property in Tokyo and it would fit right in. From the fellow clientele, to the service to the bathrooms, it all feels quite (understandably) Japanese. My only knock on the place is the cost of the breakfast buffet and the occasionally "over-helpful" staff. (One roller bag for a family does not deem bell service in my opinion, and gentle requests that we wish to take care of ourselves were frustratingly ignored). Would return though, if just for a soak in one of those deep Japanese style bathtubs! Excellent Internet speed.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 3 April 2013
Dear N7FLIER ,
Thank you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much appreciate your business. We always like to offer assistance to all of our guests, not only for luggage, but to walk our guests through the "power on" system in the guest rooms. It is a very unique system and we want our guests to be informed on how to correctly operate it. We will share your breakfast buffet comments with our restaurant management team.
Thank you for your feedback, we look forward to your return.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 March 2013

We booked a room here for our wedding night. We have very hectic life with kids and work so we were really looking forward to an UBER relaxing time to recharge our batteries more than anything else. I spent a few weeks reading HUNDREDS of reviews trying to find a hotel with the right price as well as the elements of romance and relaxation we desired. I settled on another hotel just before I happened upon the Miyako Hybrid Hotel. They had a Deluxe Romance Package featuring champagne..chocolates and couples message and its famous day spa. The package added an additional $100 to the price of the room but we figured what the hell....it was a special night and a great deal for a couples massage. After reading all stellar reviews and throughly looking over their webpage I called and spoke with someone at the Hotel to insure the night would be everything I wanted. I told the person who booked me that we wanted the Deluxe Romance Package that included couples massage. She quoted me a price of $279. I then confirmed our dates and was sure to let them know that would be our wedding night. Then I asked about the details of our massage and they transferred me to the Spa Relakan manager who set everything up for us. Deep tissue for my hubby and Swedish for myself. With a hot stone treatment beforehand. I was SOOOO excited! Wedding Day comes....we checked in at around 7pm and chomped down take out from the Hotel Resteraunt since the room service menu was very limited. All in rush to get to our massage! We arrive for our massage with our spa vouchers and right away the manager said we had the wrong vouchers and would work to correct the problem. She was great and worked to correct the problem through our tour of the spa...through us getting undressed and into our spa gowns....and through our hot stone treatment where my husband got so upset and annoyed he walked out and niether one of us got to relax. The Hotel representative Cristine came to the spa to confirm that we would NOT be receiving massages as we booked the wrong package with no couples massage! I told her no...I called, confirmed and reconfirmed that I was booked for my wedding night with the Deluxe Romance Package with couples massage. She said no...that I had actually booked the Romance Package with use of the spa but no massage. And that if we wanted our massages we would need to pay an additional $200! We left....the spa anyway. Cristine refused to admit that maybe the person who booked my night was confused and misquoated me the price of my package. I was sooo dissapointed....the only reason we booked there was for our massage! Did they offer to give us the massages anyway since it was clearly their mistake? Nope...just offered us $10 off. Then the whole next morrning preceeded to call us and ask us if we were happy with this or that...so much so that it made us more annoyed. Their breakfast phenomenal...and they considered it doing us a favor by letting us receive it in room as part of our package. The resteraunt sent us an extra plate of fruit which was nice. Our room was clean and the staff was very nice....but none of that matters cause the one night in YEARS we had a night to ourselves to enjoy a couples massage we were cheated out of it and they did nothing to make that right. We wont be staying there again and I really have no advice on how to make your booking more clear then I did....so I'd skip this place unless you want miscommunication, dissapointment and unpleasent suprises.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NatachaB5555
San Diego, California
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Unusual hotel with impeccable service, clean large rooms, and an amazing bathroom! Very close to the 405. A great choice if going to any games at the Home Depot Center - it's only about 10 minutes away. The bathrooms are spectacular with huge deep soaking tubs and separate shower. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

1 Thank rheaju
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
Dear rheaju,
Thank you so much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are honored to serve you and our dedicated team ensure that all our guests are taken care of.
We hope that you will return very soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

The room was clean, everything worked, they even gave us a tour of the bedroom and how to work things like the japanese toliet, the shower, and the lock box. The view was amazing and the staff was very friendly. We misread the checkout time and missed it and without any fuss the staff cleared it for us. AMAZING! Will definitely be going back!

1 Thank Laniune9
Cheriedavis1, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear Laniune9,
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed the Miyako service and amenities! We have a very dedicated team who enjoy creating memorable experiences for all of our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cherie Davis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Downtown
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
#57 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Miyako Hybrid Hotel? Share your experiences!