“Perfect for business”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bruxelles
“Perfect for business”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Nice hotel, very clean and staff very helpful and kind.
It is a japanese hotel... japanese style for the room, japanese people, japanese restaurant. it is actually located in a sort of japanese neighborhood.

The hotel it is an environmental friendly hotel, thing that I appreciated.
Restaurant was great.

Only remark : the fitness center had some machines not working and also the TV was not working.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear Luca F,
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service.
We are in the process of upgrading some of our gym equipment and apologize that you experienced some items not working. The TV's are for our Wii fitness only.
We appreciate your comments and hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Cherie Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Turkish first
San Buenaventura
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Attended a friend's wedding in Torrance which was held at this hotel. A lot of wood finish in the lobby and at the registration desk.
Friendly staff. Nice clean room. Large bathroom with shower large enough for six (probably we didn't try) and soaking tub was great. Did not try the hotel restaurant or bar but we did walk through and they looked well maintained and relatively new. Only stayed one Saturday night. The hotel is setup for business travel so it would probably be a little busier during the week.
Likely to return if in the area.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear TR8MPLER,
Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and were happy with the room amenities and customer service. We were honored to be the lodging choice for the wedding and hope that you have the opportunity to return soon, to experience the restaurant.

Tustin, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

Was in the South Bay area of Los Angeles -- and the Miyako Hybird was a great choice. Not a lot in the area for vacationers, but for business travelers, it's terrific. Near major corporations like Toyota -- walking distance to a Mitsuwa supermarket with great a fantastic food court. Hotel was clean... LEED Certification is a plus... Makes you feel good that the hotel is environmentally friendly. Hotel has a nice spa and a fairly good quality restaurant on-site.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank GShermanWong
Dear GShermanWong,
Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you saw our LEED certification as a positive factor for your stay! We are proud to be LEED and appreciate and value your feedback!
We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

My boyfriend and I stay there for 4 nights in late August. Miyako has tidy, clean and nice rooms. staff are very freindly and helpful. The japanese style bathroom with a large bathtub is my favorite. I can stay in the bathtub for 2 hours and the water is still warm. The hotel even provide you the bath salts.

The housekeeping staff does their best. I was impresessed and left them some changes for tips. When I come back to the room in the evening the money is still there. So next day I wrote a note to thank them for the excerlent job and left more changes. Then they took it.

The hotel location is good too. There is a big japanese market just right behind the hotel. The food court there is big and nice too. The hotel also provides a map outlines the dining area and shopping area around the hotels so you can explore Torrance and L.A much easily.

I will definately come back again!!!! A+++++

Room Tip: I stayed at Room 429 and it's face to the parking lot and you can see the beautiful Torrance tho...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Dear Susie S,
Thank you so much for your feedback and the A+++++! We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay. The guest room bathroom is a favorite among many of our guests, it's a great way to relax! Our housekeeping team were excited to read your review, they truly are a great team and are dedicated to maintaining the highest cleanliness standards!
We hope that you will return very soon.

Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for a business meeting with Toyota since it was very close to the meeting location. The room I had was not very well layed out with a poor use of space. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom is well equipped and spacious. I would probably stay in a Hilton next time and save some money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Muffinhead2580
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Muffinhead2580,
Thank you for your feedback.

Seattle, WA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed for a couple days last week. Room was clean and comfortable. Shower was nice and the japanese toilet was warm and toasty. Front desk staff was professional. It would've been nice to have a pool and larger workout area (that would've pushed the rating to 5 stars). That would make this the ultimate hotel for us.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
DearSmoked_Sausage,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay, we value your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the amenities. We are looking to add a pool in the near future.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

I was so ready to give this hotel the five starts it, for the most part, deserves. From start to almost-finished it was a great stay. Very friendly staff, very clean, quiet and a very comfortable bed. One of the best nights of sleep I've had in a hotel. Relaxing, actually. I was impressed!

Then, it happened.

I went to the restaurant for breakfast on my second and last morning there. This restaurant is famous for a wonderful selection of both traditional Japanese and American breakfast options.

I chose pancakes. The chef went right to work on my order. After he flipped the first pancake, he used the spatula to scrape some escaped batter from the side. And THEN, I watched as he proceeded to dump that extra batter into the great big trash can by pounding the spatula into it, touching the spatula to the side of the can. After doing that, he gave the spatula a quick wipe on a towel that was quite obviously a multi-use towel, and then continued to use the same spatula to flip the pancake over once more before using that same spatula to serve the pancake up on my plate.

Many moons ago I worked in food safety. So I understand all of the aweful things that live in a trash can and also enjoy the wonderful moist surface of a well-used towel.

I do not pretend to understand what might be considered offensive in Japan, so I didn't want to offend the chef by not acceptiing the pancake when he handed me the plate. Obviously I did not eat it. Ending a business trip with food poisoning was not on my itinerary.

So, almost 5 stars.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Tammy L
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2013
Dear Tammy L,
Thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear that you were happy with the friendliness of the staff and enjoyed the bed. We are however very disappointed to hear about your experience in the restaurant.
We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. This is unacceptable and has been brought to the attention of both hotel and restaurant management and was addressed immediately.
Please contact us directly so we can follow up with you directly.
You can reach us at 310-212-5111 and ask for for Julia Cattaneo.

Cherie Davis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Downtown
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
#52 of 348 in Los Angeles

Been to Miyako Hybrid Hotel? Share your experiences!