“Three Nights Of Good Sleep”

Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Modesto
“Three Nights Of Good Sleep”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Please see my previous review of December 2013. This review updates the information previously provided.

Since our last visit, the hotel has made some of its technical features more user friendly. The elevators can now be activated by waiving the card key near the sensor so that it no longer needs to be inserted into the sensing device. To access a room, the card key is used the same way it was used to operate the elevator. Finally, the TV set is now easier to switch between TV Japan and U.S. channels.

A guide book is located in each room with comprehensive information about the hotel. The book is quite helpful and probably should be briefly reviewed by every guest for optimal enjoyment of ones stay.

Nothing else appears to have changed except some of the hotel's personnel. Taber still appears as the Bell Person, ever smiling and helpful. When we see him, we feel like we are home again.

We checked out the gift shop for the first time. Unlike most hotel gift shops, it is stocked with useful gifts! We noted bottles of wine, Godiva chocolates, and an assortment of drinks and snacks. The shop is open in the early morning and evening hours, when patrons are most likely to need it.

Check in and check out went smoothly. Once again, the well trained staffed took care of us without any hassle and called after we arrived at our room to make sure the room was in order. We found no maintenance issues of any kind during our stay.

Our bed was clean and comfortable. We fell asleep quickly and slept all night without disturbance. When we stayed in Torrance, the weather was hot and muggy. We set the thermostat at 69 degrees. The room stayed that temperature all night; we could not tell when the air conditioner was running because it was so quiet!

The maid did a great job cleaning our room each day. This hotel seems way above average in cleanliness. On Sunday, we noted that the daytime Valet was constantly sweeping the entrance area between attending to visitors. The day was windy and he did his best to keep the entrance immaculate.

Although this is a hotel designed to accommodate businesspersons, it is very comfortable for tourists, too. The rooms have a large work desk and internet connectivity and space to spread out. As I did not bring any electronic device, I do not know whether there is a fee to use the internet or Wi-Fi.

All the hotel rooms had been sold out on a Thursday night. It appears the hotel is gaining in popularity. Therefore, advance reservations are recommended.

I am not paid in any way to do these reviews. This hotel is simply the best place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed In room 519 this visit. Every room we have stayed in has been comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Modestotrekkerl,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. The staff enjoyed reading about your experience and we are thrilled that you noticed some of the enhancements that the hotel has made. We truly have a fabulous staff who are dedicated to creating memorable experiences for our guests. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Cherie Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Ventura, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at, immaculate and beautifully decorated. Very professional and courteous staff. I will absolutely stay there again. The bar and restaurant we're also lovely. My only suggestion would be to add order from the menu selections in addition to the buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Barbara K,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and were well taken care of! Thank you for your suggestion on breakfast, we will certainly share this with the restaurant management team. We truly value your feedback and hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was meeting a friend from LA and was looking for a place to stay that would be close to the beach without having all the tourist flocking around hotel. I found the Miyako Hybrid online was actually very impressed. They had great reviews and the prices were decent. I was super surprised on how the hotel was exactly as it appeared online. The Miyako is very clean and the service is great! The tub OMG, I fell in love with it and this is coming from someone who can't seem to enjoy baths. I'm a shower person. The shower/bathtub was a whole separate room by itself. The bed was super comfy also! The hotel is ecofriendly so it took me a minute to figure out how to turn on the electricity but it made me feel like I was on a Jetsons cartoon very futuristic. I also liked the fact that the card key is needed in order to utilize the elevators, gives you a sense of security. The restaurant inside the hotel is very nice and delicious with reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of city!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rocky R
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Rocky R,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the room amenities. Our beds and tubs are two of our most talked about features. We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience.
We hope that you will return again soon.

Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently had my wedding in mid June and had a lot of people out of town who needed a place to stay. Miyako Hybrid Hotel was about 20 minutes away from the wedding venue, but well worth it. When I went to go scout the hotel, I got to meet up with Jordan, who took us on a tour and was helpful in all questions I had with logistics and getting everyone set in the room block. I had a room block of 15, and had many more rooms booked. We basically took over a whole floor and everyone kept talking about how AWSOME Miyako Hybrid Hotel was. I am glad we chose to stay at this hotel, and I suggest everyone else take the chance to stay here also. Service is great, rooms nice and clean, and it feels very peaceful there. Enjoy your stay!! =)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear David N,
Thank you so much for your review. We really enjoyed reading about your experience and are honored that you chose us for your guests accommodation. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we are thrilled that you and your guests had a great stay!
We hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Pickering, Canada
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Eco-friendly, modern Japanese with a soundless a/c. (So soundless that we called Maintenance to ask if the a/c was working!) Room was average size but had great design extras like a desk/dresser top that ran the full length of the room, bathroom slider door, lots of plugs for electronics, lots of lighting options and an ingenious in-drawer safe. Great location next to Mitsuwa (Japanese grocery store/food court) ,just opened Daiso. and only a few minutes to the highway. My only minor issue is that the Wii was not working during our stay. My new go-to place in Torrance.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear waikikigirl 2004,
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the features/amenities of the room. We apologize that you had a challenge with our Wii. We are happy to inform you that we have brand new Wii systems in our fitness room for guests enjoyment.

We value your feedback and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Broadlands
Reviewed 21 June 2014

A favorite place of ours. This was our fifth stay. Nice rooms and service. Ask for a room on the north side. I think the view is a little nicer. You'll open the sliding door to the narrow balcony and enjoy the breeze and view of trees around office campuses rather than the parking lot of the strip mall on the south side. Valet your car, since there are no convenient self-park spaces when returning in the evening. Valet attendants are great! Easy access to major arteries to get to wherever you need to go. If you like green hotels or those with a modern Japanese flair, you'll like it here, especially if the Japanese style shower and soaking tub are your kind of obsession.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Normtf
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Normtf,
Thank you for your review. We are honored to be one of your favorites and truly value your business! We are happy to hear that you enjoy our amenities and location.
We look forward to welcoming you back for your 6th stay!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here twice in a course of 3 months because I enjoyed my experience with this hotel so much. I didn't have to stay in Torrance both times but because of this hotel i chose to. Parking is free while the other places I researched charged $15 a night.
I cannot stress enough how friendly and great the hotel staff is, they are greet you each time and ask if you need assistance each time you pass by. The first time I stayed here I got upgraded to a suite which was just amazing. Everything in the room is modern and clean; don't let the coldness of exterior throw you off from staying here. I will admit though the suites are taken care of better in maintenance and cleaning than the normal rooms since I had a couple issues with the second time I stayed but figured it was due to my near perfect experience the first time around. The gym is located on the 2nd floor and is tiny but if you're into cardio workouts its definitely will meet your standards, there's a Nintendo Wii, a barre to stretch and do yoga and the machine is one of those bowflex type and did its job.
Everything is clean and modern--this place has managed to think of everything a hotel guest might need and placed it in the room. I plan on coming back here in a couple months and hope the quality is still the same.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank place-name-here
Dear place-name-here,
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing to stay with us, we are honored that you continue to chose us even when you don't have to be in Torrance!
We have a fabulous team who are dedicated to creating memorable for our guests, we are happy to hear that you were so well taken care of. We enjoyed reading about your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in a couple of months.

Cherie Davis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Downtown
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
#48 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Miyako Hybrid Hotel? Share your experiences!