“Comfortable and nice stay”

Miyako Hybrid Hotel
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Cordova, Tennessee
“Comfortable and nice stay”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Recently visited California with a family member so that we could explore Los Angeles. We wanted to find a hotel outside the city. We saw this hotel online and immediately booked it because we wanted to try something different and stay at a Japanese hotel. The hotel area was ok. The hotel is modern and was a great hotel! The staff was friendly and very nice so we felt welcomed. The hotel is eco friendly and the rooms were so relaxing and the beds were comfortable. The huge tv in our room was a plus and the bathroom was nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear Bermt86,
Thank you for your review. We are thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay here and were well taken care of. Thank you for choosing us for your LA exploration! We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience and hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Cherie Davis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Staying at the Miyako Hybrid was a wonderful experience. I spent my Summer vacation in Los Angeles and even though it seems to be more of a business hotel I enjoyed it to the fullest. It has such a friendly atmospere and I felt very welcome and comfortable. I travel a lot and this is the friendliest and most helpful staff I've ever come across. The house keeping does an excellent job, cleaning neatly every day, always checking to replace amenities like lotions, tea, coffee etc. The rooms are spacious, the beds just wonderful and the bathroom is an experience itself with a nice soaking tub and a japanese style toilet.
Do not miss out on the Relaken Spa! The treatments are really good and especially the Hot Stone Spa is worth a visit!
The hotel provides a shuttle service to LAX, Redondo Beach and Del Amo Mall, the schedule is pre-set and the driver is very nice and always on time.
Besides the valet parking there is a complimentary parking across the street, it was never a problem to find a free spot.
The area holds many Asian companies such as Toyota or Mitsuwa Market, there's a Ralph's and 7/11 in walking distance though. Provided that you have a car, Torrance is a good place to discover L.A., even through traffic it was never an issue to get to any of the beaches or downtown.
I can only recommend this hotel and would definitely love to come back! 5 Stars!

Room Tip: My room was located on the 6th floor, therefore I had a really nice view. They all provide a little...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear AntGermany,
Thank you so much for your review! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and feel honored that you came so far to stay with us! Our staff were excited to read your review and were very happy that you felt so well taken care of. We value your feedback and thank you for your recommendation.
We hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Page, Arizona
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Service was exceptional and not a one time situation. As a return customer I did have a very high expectation and the miyako did not disappoint. Rooms have the famous deep Japanese tubs but to me the beds and sheep quality along with the cleanliness of the room as a whole. I will return at some point.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms anywhere.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear kyle w,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and are honored that you choose to return to us! We enjoyed reading about your experience and the staff felt proud that you were happy with the service.
We value your business and hope to see you back again soon.

Modesto
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Please see my previous review of December 2013. This review updates the information previously provided.

Since our last visit, the hotel has made some of its technical features more user friendly. The elevators can now be activated by waiving the card key near the sensor so that it no longer needs to be inserted into the sensing device. To access a room, the card key is used the same way it was used to operate the elevator. Finally, the TV set is now easier to switch between TV Japan and U.S. channels.

A guide book is located in each room with comprehensive information about the hotel. The book is quite helpful and probably should be briefly reviewed by every guest for optimal enjoyment of ones stay.

Nothing else appears to have changed except some of the hotel's personnel. Taber still appears as the Bell Person, ever smiling and helpful. When we see him, we feel like we are home again.

We checked out the gift shop for the first time. Unlike most hotel gift shops, it is stocked with useful gifts! We noted bottles of wine, Godiva chocolates, and an assortment of drinks and snacks. The shop is open in the early morning and evening hours, when patrons are most likely to need it.

Check in and check out went smoothly. Once again, the well trained staffed took care of us without any hassle and called after we arrived at our room to make sure the room was in order. We found no maintenance issues of any kind during our stay.

Our bed was clean and comfortable. We fell asleep quickly and slept all night without disturbance. When we stayed in Torrance, the weather was hot and muggy. We set the thermostat at 69 degrees. The room stayed that temperature all night; we could not tell when the air conditioner was running because it was so quiet!

The maid did a great job cleaning our room each day. This hotel seems way above average in cleanliness. On Sunday, we noted that the daytime Valet was constantly sweeping the entrance area between attending to visitors. The day was windy and he did his best to keep the entrance immaculate.

Although this is a hotel designed to accommodate businesspersons, it is very comfortable for tourists, too. The rooms have a large work desk and internet connectivity and space to spread out. As I did not bring any electronic device, I do not know whether there is a fee to use the internet or Wi-Fi.

All the hotel rooms had been sold out on a Thursday night. It appears the hotel is gaining in popularity. Therefore, advance reservations are recommended.

I am not paid in any way to do these reviews. This hotel is simply the best place to stay.

Room Tip: We stayed In room 519 this visit. Every room we have stayed in has been comfortable.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Modestotrekkerl,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay. The staff enjoyed reading about your experience and we are thrilled that you noticed some of the enhancements that the hotel has made. We truly have a fabulous staff who are dedicated to creating memorable experiences for our guests. We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback and look forward to seeing you back soon.

Ventura, California
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed at, immaculate and beautifully decorated. Very professional and courteous staff. I will absolutely stay there again. The bar and restaurant we're also lovely. My only suggestion would be to add order from the menu selections in addition to the buffet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Barbara K,
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and were well taken care of! Thank you for your suggestion on breakfast, we will certainly share this with the restaurant management team. We truly value your feedback and hope that you will return again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was meeting a friend from LA and was looking for a place to stay that would be close to the beach without having all the tourist flocking around hotel. I found the Miyako Hybrid online was actually very impressed. They had great reviews and the prices were decent. I was super surprised on how the hotel was exactly as it appeared online. The Miyako is very clean and the service is great! The tub OMG, I fell in love with it and this is coming from someone who can't seem to enjoy baths. I'm a shower person. The shower/bathtub was a whole separate room by itself. The bed was super comfy also! The hotel is ecofriendly so it took me a minute to figure out how to turn on the electricity but it made me feel like I was on a Jetsons cartoon very futuristic. I also liked the fact that the card key is needed in order to utilize the elevators, gives you a sense of security. The restaurant inside the hotel is very nice and delicious with reasonable prices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of city!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rocky R
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Rocky R,
Thank you for your review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the room amenities. Our beds and tubs are two of our most talked about features. We appreciate the time you took to write about your experience.
We hope that you will return again soon.

Trabuco Canyon, California
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I recently had my wedding in mid June and had a lot of people out of town who needed a place to stay. Miyako Hybrid Hotel was about 20 minutes away from the wedding venue, but well worth it. When I went to go scout the hotel, I got to meet up with Jordan, who took us on a tour and was helpful in all questions I had with logistics and getting everyone set in the room block. I had a room block of 15, and had many more rooms booked. We basically took over a whole floor and everyone kept talking about how AWSOME Miyako Hybrid Hotel was. I am glad we chose to stay at this hotel, and I suggest everyone else take the chance to stay here also. Service is great, rooms nice and clean, and it feels very peaceful there. Enjoy your stay!! =)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Cherie D, General Manager at Miyako Hybrid Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear David N,
Thank you so much for your review. We really enjoyed reading about your experience and are honored that you chose us for your guests accommodation. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we are thrilled that you and your guests had a great stay!
We hope that you will have the opportunity to return again soon.

Cherie Davis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Downtown
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
Miyako Hotel Los Angeles
#48 of 350 in Los Angeles

Been to Miyako Hybrid Hotel? Share your experiences!