“Best kept secret in Torrance and LA”

Toyota USA Automobile Museum
Ranked #3 of 28 things to do in Torrance
Unknown
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best kept secret in Torrance and LA”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you are a car enthusiast or a history buff, the Toyota Museum is a great place filled with cars from the beginning of Toyota's creation to today. There are also special car models that were used in movies as well as races. It's a really cool place to visit. Please call ahead to make an appointment since they can get booked up with group tours.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank travellingnome

Torrance, California
“Wow”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

I have not been here, but it looks like a very interesting museum. The main reason for my review is to point out that Toyota is spelled "Toytoa" on this site.

Visited July 2013
Pensacola, Florida
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Hidden secret”
Reviewed 1 June 2013

Have visited this site, check too make sure it is open. Recently expanded, gives a nice look at Toyota cars and history.
Really well done, superbly clean and displays are very informative. Does not take a lot of time to see, but well worth it.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank mar w
Plantation, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A hidden gem in Torrance CA....Toyota history!”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

My visit to the Toyota Museum was an unplanned last minute decision. I had about 12 hours of free time in Torrance, CA before my flight at LAX. I actually looked up interesting places in Torrance to visit and the museum came up as one such place. I showed up at the museum door without an appointment. However, Susan, the museum director was so kind enough to not only to allow me access, but also gave me a personal tour the facility. There were several cars from as far back as Toyota's very first car, 1936 the Classic Model AA 4-door sedan, to the introduction of the Lexus brand in the USA. I also saw their latest Scion FRS sports car. I even got a first look at their newest 2013 Lexus LS 460 L which had not appeared at dealer showrooms yet. All in all it was a wonderful experience and I wish I had more time to take it all.

If you are in Torrance, I highly recommend touring the museum. The best part is its $free!
A big thank you to Susan Sanborn and also Jose who both showed me around.
Thanks. Joseph

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Joseph K
Mumbai (Bombay), India
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Great Place if you are a Car lover”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Brilliant. Very nicely maintained collection. Informative videos and loads of cool cars. Make sure you take appointment before going there.

Visited June 2012