“Awesome curry!”

Curry House CoCo Ichibanya
Ranked #62 of 552 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 18 December 2012

I first had Coco Ichi in Fussa, Tokyo, Japan (located right off Yokota Air Base) when I was on vacation and it was the best curry I ever had! When my vacation was over, I was sad because it meant not having Coco Ichi again. A month or so later I found out there was a Coco Ichi in Torrance and went to try it out, and to my surprise, it tasted just the same like the Coco Ichi back in Japan. The staff is very friendly, you get seated right away, the menu has a variety of combinations, and you get your order right away. I try and eat there a few times a month and I invite friends and family to give it a try, and every person I took there has loved the food. I highly recommend you eat there.

Reviewed 8 November 2012

Finally, a CoCo Ichibanya in California! I love Japanese curry but don't enjoy Curry House as much as I used to years ago. Coco Ichibanya is located in a shopping plaza on the corner of Sepulveda and Crenshaw next to Baskin Robbins. Pleny of free parking.

You can customize spice levels of the curry (be careful, level 3 is already pretty spicy!) and order even a smaller portion of rice with your meal. I love the pickles they provide. There are many options other than curry if you please or even add on a salad to your meal. Service is quick and friendly.

Reviewed 30 September 2012

I checked out Coco Ichibanya in Torrance. It was wonderful. There were so many choices of curry dishes on the menu. I was very surprised as to where this restaurant chain has restaurants.
I would highly recommend it to everyone.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Eat at Coco Ichi while in Japan and fell in love with it there. When I went to Torrance for business I found out by accident there was one in Torrance. Went for lunch and dinner 2 days in a row. Can never get enough Coco Ichi. If you like curry, try it

Reviewed 11 May 2012

My kids took me to a Coco Ichibanya in Kadena, Okinawa and when I came home from vacation I wanted a little reminder. Finding the Coco in Torrance was a real stroke of luck. I enjoyed the curry but it was lacking something - the garlic! I requested garlic but was told that they did not have it because Americans don't like it. Huh? Everyone I know loves garlic. I think if they had it or at least let people know it was available, people would eat it. The curry was perfect. The meat crispy and juicy - not dried out. I love the fact that you can customize your curry to your taste. I had additions of eggplant and mushrooms which were exactly what I wanted. This is a busy restaurant. I was lucky I arrived during a lull and was out of there as a large party of 10 arrived. Want a Japanese curry fix? Give this place a try.

1  Thank veeolette