“If you like your room cold, then this is the place you want to be! Brrrr...”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Honolulu, Hawaii
“If you like your room cold, then this is the place you want to be! Brrrr...”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

If you are traveling alone, and you want a place that is affordable, with awesome customer service, clean rooms, and privacy Extended Stay is the place you want to be. The one thing I loved, loved, loved about my room is that the Air Condition is strong and makes my room super cold. I often stay at hotels in Hawaii, and I rarely find a room that keeps my room cold, I set the air condition to 60, then after awhile the temperature automatically goes up. That drives me nuts, because I constantly have to change it. Also, I like the fact that the maid service is optional. I like to take care of my own space, which really makes me feel I am at a home away from home. I stayed at the Extended Stay for 10 days; I was in LA for a family reunion. I couldn’t wait to get back to my cold room!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank prettyphatgirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
SFO
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Flora is an excellent manager and knows all the needs of the guest very well. She is very friendly and helpful. Extended Stay - Torrance CA is just like my second home.The staff is so co-operative and friendly.
Thanks for everything..

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Neeru11_11
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 25 December 2010

I traveled to LA from AZ and booked this hotel. I stayed in Extended stay Anaheim for first 2 days and came here for last 2 days. I booked signature style room (paid extra $10/day) . So reached hotel at 9:00 in the night after full day at Universal Studio. Check-in was smooth, went in and found no hangers and no knife (this is kitchen included room). Came back to reception and she said she will ask it tomorrow???? So self catering kitchen and no knife and i had to wait over night, i found that weird. Anyway signature style did not impress me much as i did not find anything special. Next day, my son found an empty Macdonald drink plastic glass means the house was not cleaned at all. Kitchen has only 2 spoon and 2 fork and restroom opening is just in front of kitchen which i found very awakword.
I paid $192 for 2 nights and no breakfast included and internet was extra $5 and quality was pretty bad.
I would not say that do not stay in the hotel but I would prefer Marriott kitchen included rooms as the quality is awasome and breakfast is included and the internet is free too and that too for $89 +tax which is almost saem quality. Personally, we were not happy with the hotel and will not stay in this again/
Rgds
D

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2010

It great here i've been in this hotel for 4 weeks so far and got 3 weeks left i'm working in the area so the location is perfect for me

, the staff are friendly and helpful,

because i'm staying for so long i got a better rate $48 a night and a room upgrade,

cleaners only come in once a week but they will change you towels when ever you need them done ,

massive Wall mart , starbucks and lots of food places walking distance like 3mins walk

i would defo stay here again

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Tony J
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 4 November 2010

I would rate myself as a modest traveller-just expect a clean bed to sleep in and basic courtesy from the staff.
Please don't stay at the hotel.I reached in the night and found that my room was not cleaned -lot of garbage in the room and dirty sheets.When I went to the front desk there was no one around..finally located a house keeper who only changed the bed sheets..the dirty blankets were not changed.I'm not sure if they do that as a part of their regular house keeping.Net day they said they were changing our room ,so had to pack again and the room was hardly better.Lot of hassle and thats really what one is trying to get away from on a trip.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
nevada
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We were in town to visit relatives and researched this hotel on the internet. We are infrequent travelers to this area and we are a "problem couple" in that my spouse smokes and must bring her dog on trips to avoid a kennel. We contacted the hotel directly via phone and obtained "pet approval" as there is a weight limit for dogs and our dog exceeded the limit, slightly. The hotel staff member (Mario) was very helpful and the reservation was booked on line with pet approval arranged via phone. On arrival we found the hotel to be immaculate in its appearance and the desk staff check-in process was smooth as it could be. We stayed three nights and spent our days with family and nights at the hotel so we did not investigate (or have interest) in all the amenities available. The facility grounds are beautifully landscaped and very well lit at night. I walked the dog early in the morning and very late at night without any concern as to safety. Plenty of free parking is available. The kitchen that came with our room was perfect for our needs: coffee pot with complimentary coffee, stove top, microwave, two sets of utensils, full size refrigerator, pots and pans, dishwashing soap, etc. The room had a comfortable bed, desk, table, chairs, large TV, cable with good channel selection, WiFi was available and we used it. The room was quiet and we heard no traffic or party noises at any time. The check out procedure was as smooth and efficient as the check-in. For us, the stay at this facility could not have been better from any angle and when we travel to this region in the future, we will even alter our travel dates to get the same room at this fine facility.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank docrocks
Murrieta, California
Reviewed 7 June 2010

I stayed here one night with a baby, a toddler, and my husband. I arrived without my husband and the baby was crying and my toddler was acting crazy. The staff immediately helped me. They carried our things to the room, ensured the door key worked. I was highly impressed with the courteous staff and cleanliness of the room. The room was also cheaper than most places around the area. Next to the hotel is a Walmart and several places to eat. You can walk to any of them.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business