Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
US$290
US$271
Agoda.com
US$175
All reviewsoffice depothome away from homeclose to major freewaysfull size fridgeroom was cleanquiet areamini kitchenthree nightsthe general managerbusiness tripcoffee makerlax airportchecking infront desk staffesawalmartutensils
Reviewed 4 June 2012

After much research I decided to stayed at ESA Harbor Gateway with my pet for 10 days. The reservation was flawless. Flora, the Manager was welcoming before and during my entire stay; she was an absolute delight to be around. She was kind and professional always inquiring if everything was okay for me. In fact, the entire staff including Mario and Angel were so courteous and polite and I was always greeted by a smile. The hotel's grounds were nicely manicured and clean; my room was spotless, clean and the kitchen with a full size fridge came in handy. The location was perfect; there was a Walmart directly in the back of the hotel. There were many fast food establishments around the corner and a short distance away were the many malls including Del Amo and the South Bay Galleria. This ESA location was better than the others listed around the area as far as the amenities available. The parking lot was well lit; the key entry system was securing and I felt safe the entire time. King's Hawaiian Bakery Headquarters was directly opposite the hotel so you could smell the baked goods 24/7. Too bad you couldn't walk across and buy from them, but their "Local Place Restaurant" is less than a mile away off Western Ave and a great food find! Freeway access to the 405 and 110 was easy and just a 5-6 mile drive down 190th would take you right down to the Redondo Beach Pier. All in all, ESA Harbor Gateway was a great place to stay and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Maria R
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2012

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway.

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Flora, Mario, Angel and the rest of the staff at the Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway take pride in creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels.

If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 310-328-6000.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

The room was clean. The facilities were okay. Flat screen TV was good. But, the only toiletry they had was bar soap. Really? No shampoo, no hair dryer, no iron? I read that you could go ask for these from the front desk, but the front desk closes at 11pm, not to reopen until 7am. So if you discover this deficiency late at night, you are screwed. Sure, you could bring your own... but who thinks to do that if they have ever stayed at nice hotels? Walmart is near by. Maybe that is their solution-- buy your own. Get what you pay for, I guess.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the lack of shampoo in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen amenities that best fit our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. We have found that many travelers prefer to use their own toiletry product; however in the instances that people forget, we do offer shampoo/conditioner, tooth brush and tooth paste, as well as several other items, at the front desk of every hotel.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

When you talk about customer service look to this guy Mario. Experience has taught me that there is one chief reason why some people succeed and others fail. "The diffrence is not one of knowing, but of doing" and that is exactly what Mario does, his courteous professionalism makes your stay at ESA a happy one. ESA is like your home away from home, clean, newly remodel rooms ample free parking and great staff a must stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank babygirlvw

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Extended Stay America Torrance Harbor Gateway takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests.
Mario has been a trusted member of the team at the Torrance Harbor Gateway location for more than four years and comments such as yours continue to strengthen his position with the company and open doors for his future.

If I can be of further assistance to you, please feel free to contact me directly at 310-32-6000

Reviewed 18 March 2012

Big, clean room with kitchenette. Free parking and very close to 405 freeway, a Walmart and chain restaurants. They don't do daily housekeeping but who cares with the savings you get especially by booking online. It seems like a hotel for weekly use by business travelers but also good if you have out of town family visiting.

Room Tip: Get a room upstairs to not have car lights from parking light shining in the window. Freeway noise is not a problem.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank winspenelli
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Every time I'm in So Ca I stay here at ESA Harbor Gateway. Great location for me, only 11 min. from LAX, and only a few blocks connecting with 3 major freeways.
Manager Flora, and her staff always very pleasant and extra helpful. The rooms have just been totally renovated, now with large flat screen TV's, and free high-speed internet.
My home away from home.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are larger, with more windows.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo