Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 23 June 2013

These rooms with full kitchens are as up-scale as the big names but at a FAR more reasonable price. We are always on a budget, as my husband travels for work months at a time, and having a full kitchen MORE than pays for itself. The staff here is top notch, and the manager, Flora, makes everyone feel like part of the family. I'm amazed to hear her chatting with each guest as they pass, knowing their work schedules, company and even what type of work they do! It's nice to feel like someone recognizes your hard work, even away from home. Flora and her staff deserve a big "thank you" and I hope corporate reads this.

Room Tip: Stay on the upper floor so you don't end up beneath my energetic and stir-crazy kids! Very famil...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Evrytime we go out of town and evrytime we have friends and relatives that comes and visit. we always stay and check in at Extended stay America..although most of the staff are nice ..this one..in Torrance Harbor Gateway..stands out the most...in customer service..the manager Flora and front desk staff.(Mario) are very accomodating and .nice...this is the place where the staff will really make you feel at home...the rooms were clean and so with the kitchen.although this a a late review...(check in June 5)I want to thank the manager and staff ...for making us and our guest happy. comfortable and .satisfied evrytime they come and visit...THANKS !

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed 4 nights and going back for 8 more nights - The staff totally exceeded our expections. The manager Flora helped us get out luggage to the room - well really she took our luggage to our room. The front desk staff Angel did everything she could to make us feel confortable and welcome. Whenever available - this will be out location of choice when visiting Cali. Look no further - you will not be disappointed. Oh and the rooms were great - clean and well stocked. All you need to do is show up! Flora may God continue to bless you and your staff and show you favor. Thank You from the bottom of my heart!

Room Tip: Book as early as possible for the best availability and best cost.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is the place to stay in Torrance if you're on a budget. The room was nice and clean. There's no maid service if you're staying only a couple nights, but you can get clean towels at the front desk if necessary. The staff was helpful and very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second floor were quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank EvelynT221
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Evelyn - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so happy to hear that you found your room to be nice and clean. As well, that the staff was helpful and friendly.

Thank you again. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We needed two rooms for a quick sleep between traveling from No Cal to the LA area for an event. This location was perfect for easy access to a wide variety of restaurants and a Walmart for an emergency purchase.

Rooms were clean and spacious with nice kitchen amenities.. Staff was helpful notifying us of a Sat delivery even though we had checked out.

Room Tip: Parking lot facing room was quiet, although landscaping up lights came in between short curtains and...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Alida S
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed 20 February 2013

In 16 years of traveling for business this is the best hotel stay ever !!!! The manager Ms. Flora knows all her guest and treats them like family. The staff is very knowledgeable,friendly and follows their Manager by example. The property is maintained well and very safe!!!! I was a guest there for 3 months and enjoyed every day. I had 12 co workers staying there too and they all had wonderful compliments as well. I wish all the Hotels were as GREAT as this one ! Thanks again Ms.Flora and I will be staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank STACEY M
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Extended Stay America Torrance– Harbor Gateway. One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Hearing that we have accomplished that goal means that we have delivered you the value and experience you expect. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again should your travels bring you back our way.

Reviewed 9 February 2013

I just like to saythank you to Flora and the staff for always making me feel welcome, I feel very relaxed when I stay at this extended stay, I never worry about my truck and my gear in it. I always get the rest I need, check in are painless as well as check outs and since I leave early in the mornings many of the times I know mey reciept will be in my e-mail that day. I have personally witnessed the staff go out of thier way for all guest they deal with. There is also so many chioces of palces to eat if you dont want to cok in your own room. Thank you Miss Flora and the rest of you staff for making me always feel at home.

Room Tip: I have not truly had a bad room and I have stayed in many.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Andy A
Michael D, Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that the staff were able to provide the service you deserve. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.