Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
San Diego, California
“Rip off”
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I booked the room through hotwire and i clarified 2 adults. When i arrived they told me i would have to pay an extra 20 dollars for two beds. I have never had that happen to me. Nobody informed me prior to purchasing the room that two beds was extra. the twenty bucks doesnt mean that much to me. Its the principal

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Ben R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 5 December 2013

My wife and 2 kids stayed here for the weekend and I was pleasantly surprised how nice and clean this hotel was kept. When we came in we were greeted kindly by the receptionist and check in was rather quick. For the price, if you are looking for affordable nice clean and hotel to stay this is the best place to go.

• Stayed November 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. It's great to hear that you and your family enjoyed your clean room and our staff's friendly service. We would love to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I travel extensively for both business and pleasure. I booked this location because it was in walking distance with 3 days of meetings at Wal-mart. I would stay there again because of the property and most of all because of the staff. They genuinely care and take pride in their jobs. (Take a look at the responses to comments below) The rooms were clean and quiet. The desk was large with a comfortable chair to work with. The bed and bath were very good. I did not encounter any challenges while I was there but feel confident if something should have come up it would have been taken care of in a proper manner. The lobby, hall ways and overall property was kept very clean. Thank you to all. Dale

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

If you need a no frills place to stay at a great price, this is the place. Room with small kitchen is fantastic, the people are very friendly and helpful.
This is not luxury, but a clean comfortable room at a great price.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Manager_11525, Front Office Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you enjoyed your room, especially the kitchen, and the service our staff provided. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Seattle
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Stayed one night for business. The major things I look for when traveling on a budget are costs of the room, free parking/wifi, good wifi, and a clean room. I was extremely happy with all of these aspects and have no complaints. The appearance of the lobby / room were excellent (I've never stayed at an Extended Stay so I'm not sure how this location compares). Friendly service. Would definitely recommend staying here if visiting Torrance.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Christopher - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am proud of our team for making sure that you, our guest, was happy and satisfied. It is great to know that you enjoyed your room, the free Wi-Fi and our friendly service.

Torrance, California
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed here with my wife and 4 kids and it was disappointing and depressing. We stayed in 2 rooms; 3 per room. I've stayed at at least 2 other Extended Stay America locations and this one was inferior. I would not stay here again or recommend this location. We ended up checking out and staying somewhere else.

The rooms were depressing and dark. The walls are plain with no artwork or decoration. The blinds and bed covers were a dark brown - a color that might be good for handling a lot of wear and tear, but not cheerful colors. The rooms also smaller than the other ESA locations we've stayed at.

The staff was great at times and horrible at times. The shower head in one room was really noisy and the drain was really slow the first night we stayed there. We called the front desk and an employee came to check it out within 2 minutes and repairs were made the next morning - very impressive. On the flip side, my wife went to ask for more bowls since there's only 1 per room and we needed a total of 6. The employee initially would only give us 2 more even though we had 2 rooms and 6 people. It's not like we had 6 people into 1 room. What's the point of staying in a place with a kitchen if they won't provide enough bowls to eat with? After some "discussion," another employee stepped in and gave my wife the 4 bowl she asked for.

Breakfast is provided, but simple and limited. Coffee, instant oatmeal, packaged (not fresh) muffins and fruit - just like the picture on the ESA website. At least the picture is accurate.

There is NO pool at this location.

One positive is that this location is very close to several food options - Starbucks, Chinese food, Japanese food, a sandwich place, Carl's Jr and Walmart is about 1 block away.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Staybridge Suites Torrance
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Blvd.
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance - Del Amo Circle
Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay
Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - South

Been to Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Property: Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Address: 19200 Harborgate Way, Torrance, CA 90501-1317
Region: United States > California > Torrance
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): ££
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Los Angeles-Torrance Harbor Gateway Hotel Torrance