“A very rewarding experience.!!!”

Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Its always a pleasure to return to what I like to call home...everything is always so very enjoyable...the surrounding areas of the hotel provides an excellent array of restaurants and shopping.There's also easy access to major freeways and highways. Several malls are only15 minutes away.l always recommend this hotel to friends,family and acquaintances.Personally,I've been a customer of Extended Stay America for nearly 12 years now and I can honestly say that I have never been disappointed with anything.

• Stayed: August 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Gerald - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide our guests with a "home away from home" experience, so we are thrilled to hear that we did just that during your stay.

Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to hosting you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway

Reviewed 3 August 2014

Hallway carpet all the way thru very dirty. Not vaccumed. Marijuana smell coming from one of the rooms. Restroom tub and mirror dirty. Refrigator doors dirty. Smoke ashes on carpet on both sides of recliner. Recliner had drip stains.
Empty water bottle behind night stand. Broken table leg and dirty wipey on the floor. Made me wonder if bed sheets were clean! Do not recommend! No house keeping!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank christina2105
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Christina - We appreciate you telling us about your stay with us. We sincerely apologize for your experience at our hotel. In response to your feedback, we will be retraining our housekeeping staff to ensure our hotel is being cleaned to our standards.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The first room we were put (329) into had a filthy, stained mattress and the bathroom was no cleaned. There was a huge clump of hair in the bathroom. They did move us to another room (323) which seemed to be cleaner. When we returned from running around for the day, we wanted to relax, watch some TV and take showers before going out again. We went to take showers and when we turned the shower on, water spewed out of the shower head, hitting the ceiling, all over the floor and to the sink. When we called the front desk, they sent someone up right away to see, but were told that there wasn't anything they could do because there was no maintenance available. We had to tie a washcloth over the shower head to keep it from spraying everywhere. We decided to watch some TV. Nothing. The TV would not turn on. We attempted to plug it in on different outlets. No use, most of the outlets didn't even work. When we attempted to complain to the front desk they said they didn't have any open rooms. I told them I was NOT moving to yet another room. All I wanted was basic amenities. The front desk was useless. All they kept saying is that there were no rooms. They did NOTHING to help alleviate the problem. I will never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jonathan L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Jonathan - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. In response to your feedback, we will have our maintenance engineer address the issues in your room. We will also be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned to our standards.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

THG is a great place to stay on business. The weather is nice, and restaurants and shops are close by so that makes for a nice walk. The staff is very friendly and accommodating and the rooms are clean. So far Uber to the airport has not cost me more than $20 and they always come within about 10 minutes. This is my place of choice to stay when in Torrance.

Room Tip: The weather is great so leave your windows open at night.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Leland D
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am glad to read that you enjoyed our friendly staff, clean rooms, and convenient location. Thank you again for taking the time to share your positive feedback with us. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I stayed at Extended Stay-Harbor Gateway in Torrance, CA. The rooms are stylish and clean, the beds are so comfortable.The staff, namely Flora (Manager), Cynthia and Anthony; Front desk are very professional and thorough. When I stay away from home I like to be treated like an important guest and that's how I was treated. If your ever in town and need a nice hotel with caring staff and excellent customer service, I advise you to stay at this hotel. Close by everything; food, shopping, entertainment and freeways for easy access to your next destination.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank cathy s
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Los Angeles - Torrance Harbor Gateway, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am glad to read that you received excellent customer service during your stay. As well, I am pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and that we could provide you with a clean, stylish, comfortable room. Thank you so much for choosing Extended Stay America, and for sharing your positive experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'm a frequent traveler and my three nights at the Extended Stay American was one of my more disappointing experiences in some time. It would appear that the management is optimizing around three objectives; keep it simple, keep it clean, and cut every cent possible.

It's the last that, in the aggregate, made for a rather icky experience. Let's start with the bathroom; if you decide to stay here plan on bringing your own shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and soap. Other than two silver dollar sized slivers of soap you'll get none of these. If you're used to towels that actually dry you off bring your own because the two provided were so thin I needed both after my shower. Oh.. and whatever you do, be sure to hang them up to dry when you're done because house cleaning never visited my room once in 3 days. If you're planning on preparing a meal in what appears to be a small kitchen in the stock photos be sure to bring your own utensils, something to cook on, plates to eat on, and glasses to drink from because you'll find none of that in your room.

Whatever you do, get a room on the third floor. I felt bad for the folks on the floor beneath me because unless I practically tip toed, every step caused the entire floor and the walls to vibrate.

Perhaps I've been spoiled by my experiences at the Staybridge down the street (another property that caters to extended stays) but this place made a motel 6 feel luxurious. I suppose that if I were to inquire at the desk I could probably get some of what was missing from the room but I didn't check.

NOTE: The property seems to cater to line workers from nearby industrial businesses. I didn't meet anyone rowdy or unpleasant but you definitely get the sense that you're highly unlikely to bump into families on vacation or white collar business travelers.

On the positive side; my room was clean, spacious, and well maintained. The flat panel TV was large and modern. The A/C was quiet and kept the room cool. The staff was friendly. The location quiet and convenient to the 405. In short, there was nothing 'bad' about the property - there just wasn't a lot to recommend it.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the third floor to avoid vibrations from the clomping of people walking above y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ok first thing that is completely ridiculous is this "fresh room Program" this means there is NO tea or coffee in the rooms, if fact there is NONE of the normal things you find in a hotel kitchen! You have to go to reception and ask for anything you need. I did this and asked for coffee making stuff. They gave me a brewer and nothing else, I had to go back down stairs, as they put the coffee brewer in a bag, I assume the cups and coffee would be in there. Nope I had to ask for all the ingredients to make a coffee. The duty manager was clearly brain dead. When I asked why they are doing this she said " it is to customize every need of the guest!!!!! Really??? The reason we went back to this chain is because we were given free nights from the last time we stayed and they completely messed up our reservations... Guys ....the properties are mostly not bad for a cheap hotel.... Just get the small stuff right and you might have half a chance.... Free or not we wont be back

Room Tip: Bring everything you need
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business