“Outback a good choice?”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Went to Outback with some neighbors to celebrate our September birthdays. One neighbor recommended it because Outback offered a Wednesday Night Dinner special that appeared to be a value. Now, I really must say that I am not a big fan of chain restaurants, but I do enjoy my neighbors company. . .

However, I was pleasantly surprised. The everyone was satisfied with their meals. And, I was more than satisfied. I ordered the Tilapea which came kind of cajun. It was delicious and the portion was generous. I also ordered the baked sweet potato which is not offered everywhere. I was a happy camper. We also noticed that bottles of wines are half off on Wednesday, so instead of getting one glass of red while my neighbors shared a white, I had my own bottle and was able to share that as well.

The service was excellent and I only wish I would have taken the name of the waitress. She did not balk when I turned down the wedge salad I ordered because it had bacon on it. She brought out two birthday desserts and did not flinch when we asked not to be sung to. She was a treasure.

So, Outback in Torrance is worth a visit;)

Reviewed 29 August 2013

There is a dearth of good, reasonably priced steakhouses in Thailand so each year when I go to CA, Outback in Torrance is always on the list. This is not a fine dining experience but more like a neighborhood place which is a good thing.

My wife and I went last night with my son, D-I-L and their 4 year old twins. The thing about this one is the consistency in the food and the service. For the last 3 times over a couple of years, we had the same server, originally from Belgium, who is very efficient and professional. Even at 6 PM, the restaurant was near full but everything went smoothly. We had "perfect' burgers, seared tuna starter, crab and avocado starter, salads and one of us had the all-you-can-eat shrimp. All very good and no long waits for anything.

I will always go back to this one.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were not sure what to expect from this place, especially when we saw it was located at a very busy street near several big shopping mall, and we were not even sure whether it was open because it seemed dark from the outside. When we went inside we saw that the place was actually quite big and almost completely filled up with people, who apparently knew where to find good food in this region, as the food in this place was excellent! My personal favorite is their ribs on the barbecue, but others enjoyed their meals very much too.

Overall, a great experience and highly recommended!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I'd eaten at the Outback in various other cities in the USA and Asia and visiting the Torrance branch was a no brainer.
I had the best Pina Colada ever and enjoyed the food immensely: excellent house salad, then 10oz ribeye with a baked potato. Superb! Great, friendly service, too.
It was so good i went back again a few days later. This time I had a very flavoursome French Onion Soup, followed by the same steak. This time (a Saturday early evening) the Outback was much busier, but again the service and food were exceptional.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I went to this location 2 times, once with a Friend who was Hot to try
this places food, and on a rebound visit, taken here for my Birthday.

It was clean, the service was good, the staff Friendly, BUT, I was not really
excited about the blooming onion, and some of the sea food, and beef I tried
on 2 visits, seemed Real Bland to me, some people like it.

As per myself at this point, can not refer it at this Time,
when their are some great place close by.