“Authentic Mexican food in Old Town Torrance” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 530 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Lomita, California
“Authentic Mexican food in Old Town Torrance”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2013

This place has been around a long time. Many people had given it good word of mouth reviews. I expected more than we got. The decor was very dark. Service and food good but not exceptional. Margaritas ok.

Turlock, Ca
“Good service,kept the salsa bowls full!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2012

This was recommended by the hotel we were at. I am very picky about my mexican food so I wasn't too thrilled by the salsa at first. The more I ate it, it kind of grew on you and then I couldn't stop. The wait staff was good since one person was refilling the chips and salsa and sodas. We never had to ask for more. My dgt.had the carnitas which was tasty. I just had a taco, rice and beans. Everything was flavorful and plentiful. My husband had a chicken breast dish with avocado and sour cream that was fantastic. We would recommend any of these dishes. It was in a nice location so we walked around after to check out the shops since we had to park far away anyway.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles, California
“Good Mexican Food, fair price.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

Every thing I ate there was real good, get a bit crouded at times,
but service is good.
Dinners are about $10- 15 range

Visited April 2012
Redondo Beach, California, United States
“LA Capilla Mexican Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

This Mexican Restaurant is not your typical run of the mill mexican food. The food is authentic and well prepared. Located in Old Downtown Torrance it is frequented by most locals. It is one of those "best kept secret" restaurants and is clearly a favorite by families.

Visited August 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Sufficient, with a hint of fun”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

Reasonably priced, family-oriented place. I have to believe there is better Mexican food available in SoCal, but I suppose the price is about right for the experience.

But they'll sing Happy Birthday to you and give you complimentary flan with a candle in it!

Visited July 2012