“What a Treat!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cross street: Via Valmonte
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
“What a Treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have lived in the Palos Verdes area for a couple of years, and has not been able to find my "indulgent" restaurant until I stumbled into Christine. Wow this place took me by surprise! Food I cannot get anywhere else. This is my second visit, and want to make it a weekly visit. So very impressed with Crayfish & Asparagus roll, Calamari, and so to die for - Risotto Carbonara with fried egg on top. The crowd favorite - Grilled Pork Chop with carnitas enchiladas and cilantro rice will not disappoint. Powerful flavors! What a treat indeed. Best restaurant I have been in a very long time... You will not be disappointed!

• Visited April 2014

Chicago, Illinois
“Really Quite Good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We ate here last Saturday. The food was excellent, the service was superb, and there is really nothing to complain about. We have eaten here before and always like it, but I was particularly struck on this visit by how much better this restaurant is than Zazou in Redondo Beach, which I reviewed several months ago. I visited Zazou last October and it was disappointing in many respects, whereas Christine again lived up to all expectations.

I highly recommend this restaurant. And if in doubt, get the pork chop. Best I have ever had.

Visited March 2014
Torrance, California
“I could eat here everyday.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We eat here for lunch, dinner & often get take out either for home or the office. Yesterday was grilled cheese Monday & the bread was so light and delicious I ate the 2nd half which I had been planing on saving for another meal! Our go to favorite is the brick chicken for comfort food & the warm lobster salad is another fav but no matter, you can't go wrong. Our guests & friends have always loved their orders. Monday nights are closed for special pre-fix dinners in their "Room Next Door" event space. Last one we attended was a Crab-palooza - wonderful & so easy to have the food just arrive - no decision - just enjoy the food & company.

• Visited March 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Good food but over attentive service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2012

We went here for an anniversary meal. The food was okay, not great for the price, but the service was a real turn-off. Very obsequious and overly, intrusively, falsely attentive. The server almost appeared to be hitting on my husband! It spoiled our occasion and put me off going back there.

Visited November 2011
“Great dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2012

We had a wonderful dinner last week. Everyones meal was delicious. Our waitress, Lisa was very attentive as was the other staff that came to the table. We will return on our next visit to the area.

• Visited August 2012