“A lovely lunch for a Bday celebration”
Review of Restaurant Christine - CLOSED

Restaurant Christine
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Via Valmonte
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I wanted to take a dear friend for a special lunch to celebrate a milestone bday. This spot was perfect. Any meal choice is always good and the service friendly. Sitting outside was relaxing

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Always surprised by the wonderful choices which always surprises. They add new items and I love to try new things so I'm in. Staff is wonderful as well. Seth is my favorite waiter. I always feel welcomed and feel like family when I go.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Despite having a rather mediocre experience here about three months previously (which we wrote off to Christine's having a bad night) we took some friends out to a thank you dinner here last month.

Another disappointment. Too bad. This property which sits right at the base of the Palos Verdes Peninsula hill used to be a saving grace for the area - though a very affluent area, for some reason we can't seem to keep really good restaurants alive. Christine's was an exception. It could always be counted on for really good and imaginative fare somewhere between French and American.

No longer I fear. Christine's has never, in our opinion, been very long on ambiance and while it is certainly acceptable, that has not changed. The service too is acceptable - friendly and efficient without being over-the-top.

But the food on these last two occasions was just OK - not bad, but for the cost quite average. Regrettably Christine's now runs with the other white linen but mediocre dining establishments which characterize the Peninsula. So sad.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

They actually make it with goat cheese for me, instead of gorgonzola. It is my favorite burger anywhere. I love the iced green tea too. It is a small and friendly environment. The staff is attentive and on top of service. This is a 'highly recommend' from me.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

I have lived in the Palos Verdes area for a couple of years, and has not been able to find my "indulgent" restaurant until I stumbled into Christine. Wow this place took me by surprise! Food I cannot get anywhere else. This is my second visit, and want to make it a weekly visit. So very impressed with Crayfish & Asparagus roll, Calamari, and so to die for - Risotto Carbonara with fried egg on top. The crowd favorite - Grilled Pork Chop with carnitas enchiladas and cilantro rice will not disappoint. Powerful flavors! What a treat indeed. Best restaurant I have been in a very long time... You will not be disappointed!