“Black Bear Diner - Torrance”
Review of Black Bear Diner

Black Bear Diner
Ranked #42 of 542 Restaurants in Torrance
Cuisines: American
Torrance, California, Usa
“Black Bear Diner - Torrance”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Good food selections and reasonably priced. Wait time can be lengthy depending upon the time of day. Dinners are mostly busy.

Visited June 2014
2 Thank Rose D

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“HABANERO'S PEPPER Mexican Food Healthy”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was the cleanest and real taste of Mexican food I have ever had NO CANS NO LARD all home made daily 3879 Pacific Coast hwy Torrance California if feels like Old Mexico in the place SUPER COOL

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank c d
San Diego, California, United States
“I enjoyed the food...not the service!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

AfterThe first thing that wasn't good was the wait time. I was quoted 15 minutes and was seated after waiting 38 minutes. There were tables available, very few were being seated and no was informing the us why the wait was so long.

After I was finally seated, my server arrived within a couple of seconds but did not introduce himself, apologize for the wait or explain why it took so long. I did overhear him apologize to another table behind me and explain what caused the wait to be so long. I very seldom saw my server at my table after he brought my food.

The only bright spot was the food. I ordered the Bear's Choice with the 7-Grain Granola pancakes, egg whites and sausage links. The pancakes were delicious but heavy in weight. The eggs were cooked well and the sausage links were tasty. The decaf coffee tasted as if came from the bottom of the pot.

The decor is wonderful with wooden cravings of Black Bears at the entrance and along one side outside of the windows. There is merchandise of all kind to purchase.

I really don't know if I'll return because of the service I received from my server and the wait time, which btw, I was by myself but chose not want to sit at the counter because the wait for the food ordered there was just as long.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Gwen B
Stevenson Ranch, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wasn't the Comfort Food Experience I Was Seeking”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Home style cooking served in a family friendly atmosphere pretty much sums it up and they always draw a crowd, which was the case on the Saturday morning we visited. They seated us quickly and I was pleased to find that the entire menu is offered all day which is a plus. Portions are generous here so consider sharing.
I was ready for lunch so I ordered their fried chicken which proved to be a mistake. The broccoli soup starter tasted like it came from a can, and the fried chicken lacked seasoning, and although moist on the inside, the crunchy crust was so hard and crispy that it damaged the roof of my mouth and I couldn't finish it. Since comfort food is their thing, I found this visit disappointing except for their service which was spot on.

• Visited May 2014
Los Angeles, California
“brunch”
Reviewed 12 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

big crowds sunday brunch time but the waiting list moved quickly.
there were 4 adults and unfortunately we were seated in a very noisy part of the restaurant with kids out of control.
the menu offers many choices and the portions were big, except for the omelets which were of regular proportions.

Visited March 2014

Been to Black Bear Diner? Share your experiences!