“Planes spotters dream but no Sweetdreams”

Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 19 May 2012

Clean and helpful staff, great for a one night stop over but no more, no need for alarms as the planes start arriving early, not a place for a lie in. Tour access was good though, Internet access was dreadful

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ita F

Reviewed 3 May 2012 via mobile

The service was terrible, the employees have no customer service skills and were very rude. I would never stay there again, worst hotel I have ever been too. Definitely would not recommend!!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Rater6789
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

Cheap hotel. Poor security. Walls are paper thin. You can hear your neighbors talk in adjacent rooms very clearly. Hotel is also situated beside a very busy street. Lots of traffic vehicle noise . Hotel has an outside elevator located in the parking lot. This elevator can be accessed from anyone wanting to enter this hotel. No hotel key is needed to access building from the outside by anyone. This is poor security. The room we were given had an un lockable main door. Dead bolt not working. Also, they advertise wi -fi service, however this did not work at all on our I pads or apple I- phones we had. Wi -fi service was off all night and turned on at 6 am in the morning within hours of check-out time. Rooms were clean. A/C worked. Cheap hotel for $78 bucks, but I will never come back. Personal safety is more important to me than trying to save a buck.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Bluesteel12345
Reviewed 20 February 2012

There is really not much to star about this hotel. It is a Super 8. The interior corridors and my room's bathroom needed refurbishing...old carpet, moldy.

It is true that rooms have a very strong smell of chemical detergent.

One anecdote is when I checked in very late at night the front desk clerck (most likely the hotel owner) was sleeping in his pajama in a foldable bed on the floor... Super 8 class.

I don't planto visit this location again...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank crew347
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Perfect to wait for an early morning flight or to have a cheap bed after a long journey.
Typical motel, very near the airport, free shuttle service and hot beverages available 24/7.
I appreciated the fast check-in and shuttle booking. As soon as you check in they directly book you on the shuttle, I think it's almost taken for granted that if you stay there, it's just because you need the free ride to LAX. It runs every 30 minutes and it's perfectly on time.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sissi022
Reviewed 26 January 2012

The Super 8 is pretty conveniently located just a couple of minutes from LAX. It offers free shuttle service to the airport, free wi-fi, parking and breakfast. Rooms are clean and well kept and the staff is generally nice.
The only drawback is the terrible noise. Don't expect to sleep comfortably for you're going to hear planes landing at any time of the day and night and sometimes they might seem to be actually flying into your room.
For this only reason I can only suggest the Super 8 LAX if you're in need of a convenient and cheap place to spend the night (or part of it) before an early flight.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank vicodin25mg
Reviewed 18 April 2011

I've stayed at this hotel several times. This last time I stayed was the only time I had an issue with anything. We walked into our room, room 312, and it smelled like bong water had spilled on the carpet and had never been cleaned up.
We had requested a smoking room, so I didn't expect the room to smell amazing, but the bong water smell made my stomach turn.
We aired the room out and after the smell was lost to us, I realized again why I love this hotel---the owner is awesome, I always feel like family when I walk into the check in area, lots of smiles and I've never felt more at home in another hotel.
But, be sure if you bring the kids to also bring the ear plugs---you'll more than likely hear people doing it. The walls are hollow. Haha.

• Stayed: April 2011
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Crowne Plaza Los Angeles International Airport Hotel
Travelodge Hotel LAX Los Angeles Intl
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
Sheraton Gateway Los Angeles
#69 of 354 in Los Angeles

Been to Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area? Share your experiences!