“Business Trip Torrance”

Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area
Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Torrance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Sequim, Washington
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I needed a place for a one-night business trip. I'm familiar with the area, though I had never stayed here. I had to recheck what I was picking a couple times because of the name - Torrance/LAX Airport. I suppose they can call it that since they have free shuttles to LAX. However, it's 12.5 miles away (according to Mapquest). Another review here said it was a few minutes away from the airport, but depending on hitting your lights and traffic, figure a half hour. It's near the Torrance Airport, so maybe that's what they meant. The outside looks a little dingy, but the inside was surprisingly clean. Painted a nice, bright yellow, it was at least cheery. Breakfast is cold cereal, wrapped pastries and some juice. There's also a toaster for bread and Eggo waffles. The wi-fi worked well. Room was small, but cheap for the area. The bed was comfortable, the shower was strong and the bathroom was clean. You're on a busy street and the traffic is loud, so close the windows and use the air-conditioning, which is strong. The staff was neither pleasant or unpleasant, but efficient. You're close to a mall, a Costco and many restaurants, so it's a good location. Nothing much within walking distance but a quick drive away. I wouldn't stay here long-term, but okay for a one-night stop over.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The location is in an excellent neighborhood but the hotel was not pleasant. The TV was not a flat screen so no HD, wifi was terrible; we continually lost the signal, the water drainage in the bathtub and sink was very poor. When we reported the issues to the intoxicated owner/manage he tells me, "Why do people think they are at home. If you don't like it here you can leave and if you give any bad reviews I can block you so all the hotels will be on notice when you check in and I guarantee you won't get a room." He also started he escorted the plumber to our room when we were out the plumber ran a cord with a camera attached and saw no blockage and we must have cause the blockage by messing with the leaver. He also ask who is going to reimburse him for the cost of the plumber. I just walked away. A member of his family kept trying to call him back into the office because she knew he was drunk and lying. Two days later another manager/owner comes to the room with a plumber now the drainage is clear.

Room Tip: Check the room immediately: wifi & drainage (sink, tub) and report any problem.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Torrance hotels

Torrance
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Room was clean and quiet; decor very dull.
No convenient place to connect my laptop.
So-called cont. breakfast was a joke; very poor. Also no place to dine.
Matress was very old and worn

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Torrance
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If I could give 0 star for this hotel, I would ! We booked 3 days stay at this hotel for July weekend. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE THAT WAS!!!! We were going to arrive late and I called the hotel to hold our room for 3 days. We arrived at midnight and were told by the front desk that we only reserved 1 night. How could that be? I showed the owner my confirmation email but he refused to look at it. He said he owns the hotel and Wyndham sends him reservation for 1 night. He was rude and did seem to care whether we stay for the night. Too late to call other hotels, we check-in to room 321.
I called Wyndham reservation and was told someone at the hotel front desk change the reservation from 3 nights to 1 night. They couldn’t help me and asked that I called their customer complain center in the morning. I filed a complaint with Wyndham against the hotel. Fortunately, we were able to find rooms for the remaining 2 nights at Travel Lodge near LAX.
The room we stayed smells so bad that we had to open the windows and turn on the AC on to the max. The room is VERY SMALL. The 2 queen size beds look more like twin size. The mattress sags in the middle. The sheets smell like they haven’t been washed.
Breakfast consists of corn flake and raisin bran cereals, pre-package muffin, pre-package cinnamon roll, frozen waffle, coffee and orange juice.
Save yourself the trouble and stay away from this hotel. THE OWNER DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR BUSINESS.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

3 Thank Patricia H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Ramada Torrance
Sheraton Grand Los Angeles
#7 of 351 in Los Angeles
Historic Mayfair Hotel
#238 of 351 in Los Angeles

Been to Super 8 Torrance LAX Airport Area? Share your experiences!