“Great Italian Dinner”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Anza Avenue
Description: In a recent review The DAILY BREEZE wrote .... "There are some wonderful small restaurants that dot the landscape of Italy. If you want to duplicate the experience of traveling to Europe without the expense, visit Scardino's Italian Restaurant in Torrance." We are a family owned and operated ristorante much like one would find in the neighborhoods of any southern Italian city. Our authentic recipes originate from all southern provinces of the country. Our pasta, pizza and seafood is carefully prepared each day with the highest quality ingredients available, most imported from Italy. We also have an excellent selection of moderately priced Italian wines and fantastically delicious Tiramisu. The Iorillo Family - Phillip & Pauline along with daughters Tracy & Kristi - and their friendly, professional staff will pamper you with world-class service and Italian hospitality. Our intimate, warm Italian atmosphere makes Scardino's the perfect choice for entertaining your family & friends.
Reviewed 19 March 2013

In town for business with colleague and was looking for something Italian. Ran across Scardino's in a little strip mall. It was a nice night so we sat outside. We both ordered the veal parmesan and were not disappointed.

It was a busy night inside the small restaurant so we were glad we sat outside. Still the service was excellent and we didn't feel at all abandoned.

Definitely recommend it if you are in the area.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

Trying to find restaurants that "work" for my elderly father can be a challenge, but Scardino's has saved the day for us. A small, cheerfully decorated restaurant in an unpretentious stripmall, Scardino's has offered us excellent, considerate service both times we've visited. We usually order pizza, and Scardino's is very, very good: the vegetarian pizza has lots of very fresh vegetables and a flavorful sauce; the anchovy/fresh tomato pizza is generously covered with anchovies, cheese and sauce, yet has a nice balance of flavors. The salads are fresh and ample. Everything is reasonably priced. At the end of the meal, you feel like you've truly been a welcome guest in someone's home. We're delighted.

Reviewed 17 October 2012

The eggplant parmigiania was excellent and the seafood was fresh and well prepared. Although the restaurant is small and the tables close together, the food is very good. The pizza was also very good. If you crave southern italian cuisine (and by southern Italian cuisine, I mean red sauce) this place is the go to place.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

The food at Scardinos is good; but there are problems. It is located in a strip mall in a very small store front. There are no booths, the tables are almost on top of each other which makes the place seem crowded and noisy. Unless, you get there early to get an early bird dinner, most of the meals on their regular menu is very expensive. The owner's daughter has taken over as manager of the restaurant and she seems to have an attitude. The last time I was there; they over charged me on my check. In order to get my money back they forced me to make a special trip back there out of my way the following day. Then they would not help me inside, the forced me to go to the take out window on the outside to get the matter settled. I have found better Italian restaurants in the Torrance area. After my last experience with Scardinos; I would not return there again.

3  Thank Metrotorrance
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This is the most unassuming Italian restaurant because of its location in a strip mall... but don't let that fool you. This place is FANTASTIC! We were there to celebrate my aunt's 85th birthday. They did a great job. We had the family meal with a huge antipasto salad, garlic bread, pizza and spaghetti. Everything was so good. My sons said it was the best Italian they'd had. It was not too sweet or too spicy...it was great. Service was incredible. My aunt said she wished they served mimosas... the waitress heard her and went to the store to get the ingredients... what amazing service. I have had the opportunity to eat at many 5 star restaurants in many parts of the world...this little gem is right up there with any of them. Thanks for a wonderful experience.

Been to Scardino's? Share your experiences!