“Good food and service”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Been several times for business. Good food. Friendly and attentive service. Very accommodating restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Depot

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I think this is one of the best restaurants the South Bay has to offer! Its atmosphere (a restored & updated train depot), its professional wait staff and of course its unique and tasteful creations, makes the Depot one of those places you often search for when you want to celebrate a special occasion.

We used to live in the South Bay area and visited the Depot 20 some years ago when it first opened. We enjoyed it then but moved away and have not been back since. When we planned a trip back I went on TA looking for a recommendation for a restaurant to help celebrate our fifty-first wedding anniversary. Seeing the Depot close to the top of TA's list we decided to try it once again and were glad we did.

When I made the reservation they asked if we were celebrating a special occasion and as a result we were seated in a booth "under the arches" which is an area of 5 booths separated from the main dining room. The table was decorated with colorful streamers and glitter. It is very romantic. I certainly scored one with the wife.

I had the "Big Cat Mix" consisting of 2 mustard-crusted lamb chops, a petit beef fillet, and a rock shrimp sausage in a red wine mushroom sauce. The presentation was beautiful and the taste terrific although the filet was a little under cooked for my taste. My wife had the Mahi Mahi that she raved about. Also don't pass up the banana bread in the bread basket while your waiting for your meal as it is one of the moistest and flavorful that I've had.

Chef Michale, the owner for the 21 years, has done a great job of bringing the restaurant along and making dining a real experience. He was onsite when we dined there and made his round of the tables conversing with his guests. He is obviously proud of his creation and has good reason to be so.

If you are looking for an "Anniversary Quality" restaurant, don't pass up the Depot!

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Everything about this place is first rate without pretension. This is not standard American fare. I tasted the best fusion (combination of different cuisines) dishes ever. Credit Chef Shafer. All three of our meals were perfect. Ask for a booth under the arches. Serving staff is professional and attentive.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This gem rests in downtown Torrance Ca. The chef is also the owner and he fills the menu with a delectable variety of dishes. Warning: Depot is not inexpensive, however, a chef, not a cook, is preparing your dish and the servers are excellent. While pricey, this restaurant is far from stuffy...one of my local favorites.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

This place is outstanding, we love the banana bread, ceasar salad and always look forward to the special on the menu (which changes regularly) perfect for place for out of town guests or just an evening out with family and friends.