“Fried Rice is amazing!!”

Kings Hawaiian Bakery & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Torrance
Cuisines: Polynesian, Hawaiian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I miss the King's Bakery from Honolulu on King Street. The next best thi.g is to go to King's Hawaiian Bakery and Restaurant in Torance, California! I like to meet up with my "mainland" friends and family. They are always nice and friendly there, really know how to share the Aloha!! What we tend to order is the fried rice with all kine good stuff mixed in! The bakery!! I have to show restraintbecause everything is yummy!!! Orange Chiffon cake or spongecake as we called it when we were "small kid time", is a personal favorite! Oh get the Pumpkin cream cheese square during the fall months!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

$2.95 for a small (and I mean small) glass of orange juice! Need I say more ... I will. Pancakes were decent at best ... with syrup soaking through them ... and over priced too. They advertised maple or coconut syrup ... but the latter was not offered. Syrup (NOT maple) was in a small crock that was cracked so it oozed out and down the side

Reviewed 2 October 2013

Good Hawaiian food. Nice atmosphere. But the bakery is what you go there for. Make sure you leave room for Paradise Cake if you eat in or take out.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Every time I drive north to stay with friends in the Bay Area, I stop at Kings and stock up on baked goods and food. I always take a cake with me (the paradise, guava and passion fruit cakes are all excellent) and often times cookies and other pastries, and order teriyaki beef, huli huli chicken and kalua pork by the pound (I bring my own containers, freeze the food overnight and then take it in my car in a cooler the next day). While waiting I always have a piece of paradise cheese cake and a cup of coffee. The food I order is always great Occasionally I'll have a sit down meal. The portions are huge and the service good My only complaint (probably resolved now) is about three or four times in a row, they didn't get my take-out order right. The last couple of times, however, they did, and I think they now know me well enough that my order has become pretty familiar to them.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This amazing restaurant is part of the Kings Hawaiian Bakery, which supplies that delicious sweet bread around the world. They have an amazing walk-in bakery with the most amazing cakes and phenomenal food.

I've only been for breakfast, but the coffee is outstanding and the Big Island breakfast platter is a can't-miss, But be sure to order the French toast with coconut syrup, and don't forget the Portuguese sausage. My mouth is watering just writing about it!