“Courtyard in Sepulveda Blvd”

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Overall experience was very good. The front desk staff was nice except that when we arrived, no one received us. We waited for about 15-20 minutes to check-in. Apparently, the earlier shift left early and the staff on the next shift arrived late that day.

The hotel is convenient to restaurants and the mall.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Room Tip: Request for the top floor facing the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 December 2013

We just spent five days at this hotel while visiting family in the area for the Christmas holidays. My husband is a Marriott Silver Elite member and we were extended every courtesy: room request, complimentary Starbucks coffee from "The Bistro", and even a chocolate bar upon check in! Our room was spotlessly clean and our towels and bedding were immaculate. We were on the third floor in the rear of the hotel as requested and our room was quiet and peaceful with a lovely view and scent of eucalyptus trees. We would recommend this hotel to travelers visiting the South Bay area of LA.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Our team stayed here for a week and were treated great. Desiree was my first contact and she checked me in cheerfully and efficiently on Sunday. The room was clean, roomy, and comfortable. My only complaint was the refrigerator was too small and could barely fit a half gallon of milk if you squeezed the sides.

On Monday I went to work and when I returned, housekeeping had not visited my room. I went to the front desk and requested a couple bath towels. A half hour later someone showed up at my door with a full set of towels. Oh... the towels were not the fluffy Marriott towels I am used to. They had a Marriott tag but they were rough and thin.

On Tuesday I came back to two bottles of conditioner and no shampoo. I found a housekeeping staff in the hall who gave me two bottles of shampoo.

On Wednesday I was told that our meeting room would not be available to us on Thursday. They offered a suite to us as a meeting room for free. That works!!! I discovered the refrigerator in a suite is decent size and will hold a gallon of milk.

Overall this was a good stay. A few more glitches than normal but the staff took care of them.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This property is located very close to my home office so is extremely convenient when I have to visit. I've always found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. I have found that if you are staying in the summer and want a quieter room, request towards the back of the property - and not facing the courtyard/pool which can get noisy (particularly if it is warm). There is food on the premises - which is convenient if you want breakfast and a light dining menu. It is convenient if you have business or relatives close by - but really need a car to get anywhere.

Room Tip: Suggest higher floor to avoid having a heavy stepper in the room above you. Towards the back to avo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Second time staying here. Easy check in. Rooms above average. We weren't there much. Towel were very rough, felt like I was drying off with a Loofah. Internet work well. Make sure you put "do not disturb " sign out. Housekeeping was knocking on our door at 8:15a on Thanksgiving morning woke us up.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Convenient location just out of LA. Perfect for driving to Venice, Malibu, Santa Monica. Free parking is a plus. No breakfast was included. The staff was very helpful. Comfortable beds. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Although this is a typical Courtyard, it's two stars comes from its housekeeping (or lack thereof). When I checked into my room for a one night stay after a long flight, I started unpacking. When I when to get in the shower, I noticed the former guest's used bar of soap and empty shampoo bottle. This made me question the other 'housekeeping' areas that had also been neglected. Although by this time, I was too tired to contact the front desk.
On a positive note, the staff at the desk was very friendly when I checked in and the rewards for being a Platimun member within Marriott rewards was very nice (I got a Hershey's chocolate bar and free Starbucks item at the Bistro).
Unfortunately, I can't comment on much else, as I arrived late and left early, so I didn't check out any of the hotels amenities.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business