“Solid Courtyard experience”

Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
“Solid Courtyard experience”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

You know exactly what to expect when you go to a Courtyard and this visit was no better or worse than the typical Courtyard experience. Friendly greeting upon arrival, quick check-in, typical room. No complaints, would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
The staff of the Courtyard Torrance / South Bay would like to thank you for staying with us.

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a chance to truly appreciate our hotel and our fantastic customer service.

Christian Paulsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Pecatonica, Illinois
Reviewed 15 December 2013

One of the things I love about Marriott properties is that, for the most part, you know what to expect. A professional staff, well kept property, comfortable bed, clean room are all things we look forward to. This property is no exception. We enjoyed our stay and found no surprises.
The pool looked lovely. We had too little time to enjoy it. There are electric outlets everywhere. The bed was soft and everything we needed was right there.
I look forward to returning.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank mebejim
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this review, 16 December 2013

Tokyo
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I requested a high floor, and quiet room because I was staying with an infant. But the room they assigned was on the ground floor and fasing a parking and freeway. The room rate was too high to meet my expectation. It was not so bad but I will never stay again.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank kfcsogood
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this review, 26 November 2013

I sincerely apologize for our failure to honor your requests when assigning your room.

Would you kindly contact me directly at the hotel so I personally can rectify your concerns?

We sincerely thank you for your review and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Courtyard South Bay Torrance can be located just off the freeway and is approximately 20mins drive from LAX on normal traffic. The hotel offers affordable Marriott style room with free parking. You may be able to find essential shopping, dining places within 5-10mins drive around the area.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this review, 12 November 2013

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Stayed here for a business trip. On the second day of my trip, I woke up at 2 am because I felt something crawling on my shoulder. Come to find, it was a termite! I had a great deal of anxiety and couldn't fall back asleep for another hour or 2. Woke up at 7 am feeling totally grossed out! Inspected my bed and found another termite on my pillow!!! There were also a few ants crawling on the headboard. I had to jump in the shower right away! My roommate called the front desk and demanded another room. The gal that answered wasn't too friendly or sympathetic. She gave a bit of an attitude. Wrong timing to give an attitude lady! Anyway, we had to leave for work so they said they will change rooms for us when it's available and the housekeepers will transfer our luggage. After work, we went to the front desk to get the keys to our new room. The gal that helped us was much more friendly. They upgraded us to a suite and left 2 bags of snacks and goodies in our room. I appreciate the nice gesture but it still doesn't change the fact that I woke up with bugs in my bed. I felt disgusted and will never stay at this hotel ever again!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank LTo1985
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
The staff of the Courtyard South Bay would like to thank you for staying with us.

Please allow me to start by apologizing for the concerns you had during your stay.
I truly share your disappointment in the events that took place at our hotel

I would like to personally make sure we make up for our shortcomings.
May I kindly ask you to contact me directly at the hotel so I can make sure you are taken care of for your concerns?

Thornton, Colorado
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The Courtyard South Bay is a clean hotel. The rooms were very nice an comfortable. The first night I thought the hotel was empty because it was so quiet but they were actually pretty full. Our room was facing the 405, and it was still quiet. The pool area is beautiful, although small. But the kid liked swimming in it, even though it was cold. Be aware that the hotel is in a business park area and there wasn't much in the way of restaurants within walking distance (at least not that we saw). And the hotel just has a small bistro. There are plenty of restaurants within a short drive. Great central location to the airport and the PCH. Went for a business conference/personal vacation. The conference rooms are very tiny when you have 30 people in the room. The staff was excellent and helpful as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to truly appreciate our pool area and the great location of the hotel.
I was very pleased to read your great comments regarding our awesome staff and will make sure they are recognized for these.

Modesto, California, Usa
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The lobby of the motel has a cafe/restaurant that was delightful. I came in late and needing dinner, and had a very tasty burger, with a bowl of french fries that I couldn't possibly finish. The staff in the cafe were outgoing and friendly, and made the experience fun. I stopped in the next morning for breakfast, and had a similar experience - good food, solicitous staff, reasonable prices. There is also an alcove with a big screen television and a couch in the lobby. I didn't have time to check out the pool or exercise room. The room itself was okay, but the bed squeaked with every tiny movement, and two bottles of water had very small print that said if I opened one, it would cost me $3.50. Larger warnings would be appreciated. otherwise, I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
SouthBayCY, General Manager at Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/South Bay, responded to this review, 15 October 2013

We are very excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a chance to truly appreciate the great food our Bistro offers.

I do apologize for your concerns regarding the small price tag on the waters located in the rooms and I will certainly look into how we can enlarge these signs.