“Pleasant stay”
Review of Del Amo Inn

Del Amo Inn
Ranked #20 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 19 March 2013

I was pleasantly surprised because the rates were very reasonable for a Saturday and Sunday night. The property was old but the room was clean and in a safe and quiet area even though on a major street. I used the microwave to heat water and it was convenient to have a mini fridge. The towels had that old gray water coloring, but they were clean. The manager was very pleasant -- he even called me to make sure I was still coming as it was getting late and guided me through the unfamiliar area to reach the motel. Overall, completely met my expectations and I was happy to be near my relatives.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sallyyamada

Reviewed 4 October 2012

Check in: woman at front desk was not at all pleasant; Coca Cola vending maching kept a dollar, and I got nothing in return. Woman at front desk let me take a bottled water from fridge in office, but kept her eye on me (head out from living area) making sure I didn't take more than one (I presume).
Room: clean; fridge, small stove, small sink, and microwave. Large TV.
If small bugs running around in bathroom don't bother you, then this is a nice place. A business area, there is no place to eat (that I could find) within a half mile. So you'll definetly have to drive to find a restaurant. There was construction on the day I stayed, I was awoken at exactly 7:00 am by a jack hammer pounding away on the property next door. Better bang for my buck, at other hotels/motels in the in area. But all-in-all, not really a bad experience.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Muskrat40r
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Needed a place to stay due to being temp displaced. The shower screamed, the shower curtain had mold, one tenant was talking to himself in the middle of the night, and his room wreaked of body odor as if he did not have access to soap and water, and we were placed in a smoking room and no one in my family smokes.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank nvrcldmdit
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The rooms were quiet and not noisy. We had a pleasant stay. The managers/inn-keepers were very helpful.
The prices are reasonable and there are good places to eat and sight-see nearby.

Rooms were clean and the showers were clean as well. Bath soap/shampoo werent the best in town, but I carry my own.

Room Tip: Upstairs is less noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 October 2010

GREAT! I need a place to reside for a few days. Out of sheer desperation and tight budget I called Del Amo Inn. The clerk was nice and invited me to come. I did. I do not regret it! I paid $75 for two people (mom and myself) two beds/1 room.

Not only was it clean, the windows were open to air out the room. Easy to close and on the ground floor (my mother walks with a cane). The clerk was pleasant and friendly. The room was clean, clean, clean! The bathroom smelt fresh. Towels clean (though rough...what do you expect at $75 a night?) and the room has a comfortable feel.

Heat/air easy to operate.

One drawback.

1. Pillows smelt as though it missed a few washings, otherwise, no bedbugs.

If you wanted to stock up, there are plenty of grocery stores in the area: Ralph's, Albertson's, Trader Joe's. Two seven-elevens. Plenty of places to visit and a great location. Two malls, beaches nearby as well as libraries and Victor Park on Anza and Emerald. Do not pass this up!

For the price I was glad I took a chance.

• Stayed: October 2010
2  Thank Poe4Ever
Reviewed 23 October 2008

We were in town visiting some friends just for the day it was getting late and we needed a place to stay. We drove past the Del Amo Inn thinking it looked pretty good. It was $80 for the room. We took a shower and most of it was covered in rust. We pulled back the blankets just to see a blood stain some of it was fresh. Grossed out we tried calling front desk, no answer and no one at front desk. We waited there and saw someone pull up. We told them about the blood not surprized he said "is it bad" then he explainded to us about his family having a problem and he was the only one there. He gave us fresh sheets and blankets and asked us to leave the dirty ones outside. Needless to say it was an us easy sleep.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank trixiepurrs
Reviewed 22 June 2007

Clean, inexpensive place to stay for a couple of nights. Comfortable bed, good size rooms, all well maintained. Furniture is in good shape. This motel is in a good, safe area and is entirely adequate for short stays. It's on a very busy street but is fairly quiet at night.

If you're looking for a romantic place for that special vacation, keep looking But for more mundane travel on a budget it's fine. It exceeded my expectations for the most part. (They could really use some new towels, though). Also there's no lobby computer for guests, minor bummer if you need to print a boarding pass. Not sure if they have wi-fi for your laptop or not. (I'm guessing not)

HBO and fridge are nice perks! Finally got caught up on the Sopranos. -lol

I'd consider returning.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bluecarguy