“a very nice place to stay near L.A.”

Holiday Inn Torrance
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Portland, Maine
“a very nice place to stay near L.A.”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Torrance serveral times. It is considerably less expensive than hotels in L.A. and it is quite near LAX, in fact we almost always see stewards/stewardesses staying there. The lobby is extremely attractive and the rooms clean, attractive and comfortable. The staff is especially pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem nice
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review and for being a loyal guest! We are delighted that you choose Holiday Inn Torrance as your destination. Being near a few major freeways makes it easy to get to and from the airports any many other area attractions. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the staff, lobby and rooms. Hopefully next time you can try our Ginger Cafe and let us know what you think. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 26 May 2013

this hotel....where do I start?? for me, the location sucked (because of the actvity I was doing). when I first got here to check in, the girl at the counter (Ana - something)...one word rude. I was asking legit questions and she gave me nothing but attitude. even my son thought she was rude (and it takes alot for him to say that). wew get to our room, the front desk tells us she will give us a roll away bed free of charge (we never received it). our room was clean..which is good. flatscreen tv,but the view sucked....it was all industrial area...ugh. theres a Wally World less than 2 miles away, but if you don't have GPS, then forget it. my bathroom door handle was messed up...the tub was rusty....but my biggest complaint...THE WIFI!!!! oh emm gee...I couldn't stream Netflix...my son was getting kicked off the Black Ops...the connection (or lackthere of) sucked!!!

as for me, I wont stay here again....cant say i enjoyed this place

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TF271
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations and I apologize for any lack of hospitality you may have had with our front desk staff. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am disappointed to hear of your experience with the Internet service. The management team will be reviewing the issue and making adjustments accordingly to ensure the satisfaction of each guest. We value your comments since they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Thank you for again for your feedback and we hope you change your mind and try us out again for a more comfortable stay.
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 13 May 2013

My son and I won tickets to Wango Tango 2013, our hotel was Holiday Inn in Torrance Calif., We had checked in with Maine (that's his name), he was so kind and caring, he made us feel like we were Rock Stars! Ross and Richard drove us to Redondo Beach and to the Venue at Home Depot Center. Both of them were so nice and professional! Our room was Fantastic, it overlooked the pool deck and all around coverage of beautiful views of the mountains, city, and just incredible views at night! Our room was clean, beautiful and cozy beds! We also eat most of our meals there at the Ginger Lounge, our server was Sergio, wow, he was friendly, kind and caring always a big smile on his face to greet us! We had dinners, breakfast, snacks all of the meals were fresh, hot and great tasting! I highly recommend this Holiday Inn any time your in the Los Angeles area! They all gave my son and I a new place to call home!

Room Tip: If you want to see the Mountain views ask for the pool deck side and higher floor level!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank janeandfamily
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 16 May 2013
Thank you for your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the shuttle service, nice view from your room, the cozy beds and most of all our staff. We just did some changes to our restaurant menu so it is great to hear it was to your liking. Being your new home away from home we look forward to your visit here at the Holiday Inn Torrance soon!
Reviewed 8 May 2013

10+++Excellent Service! If you belong to their 'Priority Rewards' program, free to sign up, you get treated like Kings & Queens! Beautiful, Recently Renovated. Very Clean.

Made a Same day Reservation, Sat. night. At check in we claimed our 2 Complimentary Drink Tickets at the hotel Bar, along with 2 Complimentary Breakfast Buffet tickets (included tax & tip!) for the following morning. We had a very nice room with a view (freeway :D) on the 10th floor. The hotel is approximately 15 min. from the beach, but Well Worth the Experience! I Suggest this hotel to Anyone staying in the area!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HolyToledo8
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Thank you for leaving such a great review and for being a Priority Club member. I do hope you got to take advantage of the complimentary drink and breakfast coupons we give to our Platinum Priority Club Members. It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed the new renovation. We are right near the freeway as you mentioned so it is easy to get to the beach or other major attractions. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit.
Holtville, CA
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed two nights and it was very clean and relaxing. We had breakfast at the hotel restaurant and it was very delicious!! Will stay again when in the area!! Was close to the event we were participating. Helpful with directions.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the cleanliness of the hotel and you got to relax while visiting. The Ginger Cafe has had some great changes and improvements to the menu in the last few month so its great to hear you enjoyed the breakfast. We are glad that you chose to stay with us at the Holiday Inn Torrance and that is was close to your event. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed at this particular holiday inn just this past weekend and i will tell you that it HAS to be one of the cleanest and customer friendly holiday inn's that i have ever stayed at. I joined their rewards program and booked through the holiday inn website which allowed me to get a better rate per night! Check-in was smooth, was upgraded to their priority members level with a very comfortable king bedroom and a nice view at night! Always available FREE parking which is a PLUS for me and that always makes or breaks the decision of whether or not I will stay at a hotel! Execellent choice for anybody who needs a nice business type hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank BugattiBoi88
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 24 April 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review and for joining our Priority Club program. Thank you for your comments about the about the cleanliness of our hotel and our friendly staff. Great to hear you enjoyed the nice view at night and the free parking. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2013

Stayed in a King room on the 14th, upgraded as a platinum member. Free ample parking .. about 1/2 mile off the freeway. We picked this location for our 4 day trip to LA as we knew we had to drive, so given this place had a killer rate we stayed south of the city... remember to check rates with trivago vs their own website rates...we got nearly half off! Check in was smooth with a free drink at the bar. The rooms are a standard but good HI room; no surprises. Given a free continental brekky til 9a.m... a good start for me. The only downside was the wifi which was at times unreliable but I think they are in the middle of upgrading it. Monica mans the front desk a lot of the time and was sooooooo helpful..and her nail polish makes for good entertainment! The area seems very much the business district...you'll need to drive a little to eat/grab groceries....

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 9 April 2013
Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum member! We are thrilled that you came to stay with us and thank you for your review. Hope you enjoyed the renovated Ginger Lounge while you had your drink. We're sorry you were not fully satisfied with the WIFI connection but luckily we just finished upgrading our WIFI. Our team is truly dedicated to providing the highest level of customer service and creating memorable experiences for our guests, we are glad Monica and her nail polish did the job! We look forward to welcoming you back soon.