“Excellent especially when very tired”

Holiday Inn Torrance
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Toronto
“Excellent especially when very tired”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

The Holiday Inn, Torrance was super. I had just had 6 flights over booked or cancelled on me and got stranded at LAX. I was able to get into the Holiday Inn at Torrance and was not expecting much. The hotel has been recently renovated and is lovely with little fountains and nice stonework and the beds and pillows are super. The staff, both evening and morning, were as nice as can be so it made for a very stay. All in all a wonderful place to stay not too far from LAX and the price was right too!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Thank you for such a great review! So sorry your flights got cancelled/delayed, that can be annoying but I am glad it gave you the chance to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Torrance. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed our renovation, we worked very hard. Our staff truly go above and beyond to ensure the best customer service for every one of our guests and we are happy that you experienced this. Thanks again for a great review and we hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Gallatin, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2013

I'm was very pleased with my stay. Had trouble with noise near my room the first night and the management assisted immediately with changing my room. It was next to the vending machine area. After that issue was put to rest, my stay was excellent. The restaurant food was very good and they have room service. Also my room had a refrigerator, not found in may hotels without special request. The pool and hot tub area was very nice. I found the hotel to be very clean and felt safe while I stayed there.

Room Tip: Stay away from vending/elevator area.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and staying with us here at the Holiday Inn Torrance on your business trip. I am delighted to hear that you were pleased with your visit. I am however disappointed to hear of your experience with the loud noise, it is good to hear the management took care of you in a timely manner. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Ginger cafe with room service, the pool area, the refrigerator in room and most of all that you felt safe. Thanks again for your review and we hope we can host you again soon for business or leisure.
Manhattan Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We needed a local hotel while our home was being tented and found this one ....we were delighted with our visit. We had our big (80 lb )German Shepherd with us. They are definitely a dog-friendly hotel with a little designated walking area outside. The room was large, very clean, very comfortable and well appointed. We ate dinner and breakfast in the hotel. the food was good and the service was excellent. In fact, the service was excellent everywhere: at the front desk, housekeeping, and the restaurant. Traveling here is very convenient because it is right next to two major freeways. That said, there is NO freeway noise at the hotel. We had a very quiet,comfortable night's sleep. We would not hesitate to recommend this Holiday Inn to any of our friends who needed a local hotel!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 26 June 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am so happy that you and your German Shepherd enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Torrance. Our staff truly go above and beyond to ensure the best customer service for every one of our guests and we are happy that you experienced this. Thank you again for a great review and even though you are a local we hope you can stop by to visit us again soon, maybe enjoy a meal at the Ginger Cafe.
Western Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

Or Compton or Carson this is a good choice. The rooms are nice enough, the bed was comfy. Bathroom was clean and the internet worked just fine.
The restaurant is pretty decent, and they serve bento boxes, much to the delight of my Japanese colleagues. Some nights they feature a laid back trio in the lounge, and I enjoyed listening to them.

This hotel isn't near anything, so a car is a necessity - but then, in SoCal a car is a necessity anyway. AND this hotel is only 20 minutes to LAX, an easy shot up the 405.

If you happen to be a member of HI's priority club, they do treat you pretty well up on the 14th floor in the lounge.

Overall, this is a pretty decent property, and I'm sure I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter - it's in Torrance.
1 Thank BHarv_13
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Torrance and for taking the time to write about your experience at our hotel. We are happy to hear the rooms are nice, the bed was comfy, bathroom was clean and the internet worked just fine. Also nice to hear your colleagues enjoyed our Bento Boxes from the Ginger Cafe. Thank you for again for taking the time to send your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Gloucester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

You need a car when staying at this hotel as there is nothing close by. Good if you want to travel around the area without getting stuck in LA traffic. For me the location worked well for my business meetings and access to the airport. However the hotel was tired and in need of an update. Food not great, service in the restaurant not great either. Rooms tired but clear

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank simon c
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 25 June 2013
Dear simon c,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance
to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn in Torrance serveral times. It is considerably less expensive than hotels in L.A. and it is quite near LAX, in fact we almost always see stewards/stewardesses staying there. The lobby is extremely attractive and the rooms clean, attractive and comfortable. The staff is especially pleasant and helpful.

Room Tip: all the rooms seem nice
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review and for being a loyal guest! We are delighted that you choose Holiday Inn Torrance as your destination. Being near a few major freeways makes it easy to get to and from the airports any many other area attractions. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with the staff, lobby and rooms. Hopefully next time you can try our Ginger Cafe and let us know what you think. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

this hotel....where do I start?? for me, the location sucked (because of the actvity I was doing). when I first got here to check in, the girl at the counter (Ana - something)...one word rude. I was asking legit questions and she gave me nothing but attitude. even my son thought she was rude (and it takes alot for him to say that). wew get to our room, the front desk tells us she will give us a roll away bed free of charge (we never received it). our room was clean..which is good. flatscreen tv,but the view sucked....it was all industrial area...ugh. theres a Wally World less than 2 miles away, but if you don't have GPS, then forget it. my bathroom door handle was messed up...the tub was rusty....but my biggest complaint...THE WIFI!!!! oh emm gee...I couldn't stream Netflix...my son was getting kicked off the Black Ops...the connection (or lackthere of) sucked!!!

as for me, I wont stay here again....cant say i enjoyed this place

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank TF271
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to send your feedback. We do apologize for not meeting your expectations and I apologize for any lack of hospitality you may have had with our front desk staff. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am disappointed to hear of your experience with the Internet service. The management team will be reviewing the issue and making adjustments accordingly to ensure the satisfaction of each guest. We value your comments since they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. Thank you for again for your feedback and we hope you change your mind and try us out again for a more comfortable stay.