“Great Place to Stay”

Holiday Inn Torrance
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn Torrance two years in a row for Oktoberfest at Alpine Village, which is nearby. The guy who checked us in let us know there is a shuttle to Alpine Village, which we were unaware of.

This Holiday Inn has a Japanese style feel, probably because many of its clientele are from Japan. We got a suite this time, and it has Japanese style sliding doors. The artwork is also Japanese.

The bed is perfect. It is not too firm and not too soft. The pillows are tiny, but I don't have a problem with them. I love that this suite has 2 air conditioners. We have stayed at other hotels suites where there was only one.

I also noticed the TV remotes actually match the TV and look brand new. They have all the functionality. They are not the tiny generic ones that you've seen at other hotels.

The Holiday Inn Torrance has the quality of a fine hotel, but at a much lower cost. This is one of my favorite places I have ever stayed at.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Thank you for your review and for being a repeat guest to the Holiday Inn Torrance. We are happy to hear we are your favorite place that you have ever stayed at. We look forward to seeing you next year during Oktoberfest, or sooner.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have to admit, Holiday Inns have never been on my radar, probably because I've never felt they had a basic standard so when I found out a friend's surprise birthday party would be held here and that out of town guests were booking rooms, I did a search on nearby hotels. I finally read the reviews on this hotel and saw that it has pretty good reviews so after looking at pictures and Google-driving by, I decided to take a chance. Wow was I surprised! The rooms are average sized and very clean. The lobby is impeccable, parking is free and convenient, the staff is friendly and the restaurant is very good. I'd have to say my only sorta complaint was the air conditioner. There never seemed to be a perfect setting but it wasn't a deal breaker. So YES will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone for whom this location would be convenient.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking time to leave your review. We are thrilled to hear that you decided to give us a try and you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your comments about the free parking, friendly staff and clean hotel. We are sorry to hear about the air conditioner. We hope we can welcome you back again soon to the Holiday Inn Torrance

Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had a 3 night stay at the Holiday Inn Torrance recently. I had booked on award nights so was expecting only an average room, only to find I had been given a beautiful room on the Executive Floor; perhaps this was because of my Platinum status with IHG Hotels. I had seen this hotel before and noticed it was very keenly priced but had avoided it thinking it was too far away from anything, but with the motorway system so good and close to the hotel, you were where you needed to be in no time at all. On arriving I was greeted by Maine. He is a guy that every hotel needs. Maine took the time to explain all the features of the hotel. Whenever I passed through the lobby he would call out and wish me a safe journey or welcome me back. He is a true asset to this hotel. The room was lovely, had a panoramic view over the mountains. They put on a complimentary supper drinks service with nibbles; a truly nice touch and very rarely seen these days. The maid service was quick and efficient, parking was free and plentiful, the free wi-fi was fast and always connected reliably. Apart from a weird occurrence, with someone cleaning the carpet outside my room at 1am in the morning with an extremely noisy carpet shampoo machine, everything else was just perfect. This is one hotel, I am definitely going to return to.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Musclebearnz
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Thank you for taking time to leave your review and for being an IHG Platinum Rewards Club Member. We are so glad you finally decided to try us out. I have passed on the wonderful comments to Maine, he is a great guy. We are happy to hear you enjoyed the Executive Floor and great view, however we are disappointed to hear about the carpet cleaning in the early morning hours and we will research what happened so it does not happen again. We look forward to your next visit here at the Holiday Inn Torrance.

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Stayed one night (saturday). Was kept awake by loud music playing till 1 am, the internet was slow and half the TV channels stopped working during the evening. Very disappointing experience compared to other Holiday Inn hotels.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnTorrance, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Torrance. We are saddened to hear your stay was unpleasant due to loud music and slow internet connectivity. Our everyday efforts of providing a high level of service fell short during your stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our guest or your next stay in the future. Sincerely, Julio Moo, Guest Service Manager

Reviewed 5 September 2013

We booked here over Labor Day weekend at last minute; and to be able to get a dog-friendly hotel for barely over $100 was a great deal! The pet deposit is refundable, which is great because my dogs don't make a mess of a hotel room, so I hate paying a non-refundable fee for no good reason. The whole hotel is clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very nice and modern. It is in an Industrial section, so it's quiet and safe (which can be stressful to find in LA if you don't know the areas). I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Thank you for such a great review. We are glad you chose to stay here at the Holiday Inn Torrance for the Labor Day weekend. We are pleased to hear you that you and your dog enjoyed the clean hotel, friendly staff, comfortable bed and that you felt safe. We hope we can welcome you back soon to the Holiday Inn Torrance. Please "Like" us on Facebook and leave your review and comments there as well.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I've stayed at this hotel several times for business. It is definitely a business-oriented facility, but is also popular with youth sports teams as well. It is near the Stub Hub Center where the LA Galaxy and Chivas USA play and CSU Dominguez Hills. The bar is pleasent and the dining seems adequate for most.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to leave your review. We appreciate you being a loyal repeat guest here at the Holiday Inn Torrance. We look forward to your next stay!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This hotel was great for the price. It was not very close to attractions. But it was central to everything with a short drive. Was very clean and the staff was very nice and accomodating. They had live music one night in the lobby which was very nice. Pool area was clean and very nice for families. The restaurant was a little short staffed that night and were very slow getting our food. But they were very apologetic for this and the food was actually not to bad. Overall it was a nice experience.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
HolidayInnTorrance, Revenue Coordinator at Holiday Inn Torrance, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you were happy with the great price as well as the quiet and central area of our hotel. It is great to know you enjoyed the Richard Sherman Trio in our Ginger Lounge and you for to take advantage of the pool area. We are disappointed to hear of the service you received in the Ginger Cafe. We hope we can welcome you back soon to the Holiday Inn Torrance and hope you can try the Ginger Cafe again.