Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$145
US$143
Agoda.com
US$109
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe concierge loungerain barconcierge teamshopping malloutside seatingdel amogood sizenice hotelhigh floornice lobbyself parkingredondo beachbig malllobby areaplatinum memberbusiness hotelwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2014

This hotel has a nice property, a warm pool, and great food! When my fiance and I stayed at this property the first few times - those were the reasons we went. Plus, it was right next to the mall that offered lots to do. We had problems with the AC unit in our room not working our first 2 stays... but everything else was great and so we didn't fuss, especially since they changed our rooms.

However, our 3rd time boded not so pleasant. We were staying on a lower rate during a less busy time. We were put on the top floor in a beautiful room. That night at about 12:30 am, a party checked into the room next to us. There were at least 10 people in the room, blasting music, smoking on the balcony, there was a blender going at some point... Needless to say, we called security. Or at least we tried. Our phone did not work - which we had inquired about earlier in the day and had never gotten fixed. So my fiance had to get dressed and go downstairs to let them know about the party going on next door. After Security finally came, addressed the party twice, got into a shouting match, was in our room trying to access the room next door, 5 police officers in the hall, drunken people trying to sneak back into our room mistaking it for theirs - we did not get to sleep until 5 am. We were supposed to check out the next day but were absolutely exhausted. We never received any kind of recognition for what we went through. So my fiance went downstairs (again, still no solution to our broken phone) to ask for a discounted night or a complimentary night - as we did not sleep. The front desk supervisor was at lunch and the front desk agent said she would have her call us when she was back and send engineering to our room to fix our phone. An hour later, no engineering, no supervisor. So he went down AGAIN. This time, the supervisor just apologized, with attitude, and offered to take $10 off our bill and a 1 o'clock check out. When we went to check out, after not getting anymore sleep, we stopped by the desk again to try and get the supervisor to turn our stay around. Nope. She just gave even more attitude and said it was the best she could do. I tried looking at her name tag to find out her name, but her hair was blocking my view. We left, VERY agitated.

Fast forward a month later and my fiance and I were looking to stay in Torrance again. We were in a bind and our new favorite spot (The Courtyard on Sepulveda which ROCKS) was unavailable. We opted to stay here, at the Torrance Marriott, as our last resort. We hoped maybe it was a one time poor visit. Nope. My fiance made the reservation, but I was going to make it there before him. So he called ahead and added my name to the reservation. When I arrived, they did not have a reservation for either of us. I called my fiance and got the actual Confirmation number. They did have the reservation, however they entered my name incorrectly (after my fiance triple checked with them on the spelling etc). Not only that, but they did not have a room ready for early check in. Understandable. I was there around 1pm. I gave them my phone number and the Front Desk Agent said he would notify me when a room was ready - 4 pm at the latest. I sat down in the lobby by Starbucks (after clearing away someone's trash, half eaten sandwich and cold coffee cup) and worked on some things on my computer. After finishing my work, I look down and it is 4 15 pm. I packed up my belongings, passed a table that still had trash covering it, and walked to the front desk. Several people were checking in and on their way to their rooms. I hear an, "I can help who's next." Lo and behold, it's the attitude ridden supervisor who didn't help us last time. I try to be nice, hoping it was just not her day. No. She just spoke down to me the entire time and did not let me speak. I tried to let her know I had been patiently waiting for 3 hours in a dirty lobby but she just cut me off saying, "Well check in IS at 4." Well, from what I could tell, 10 people had checked in ahead of me. Why wasn't I called when a clean room was ready? I glanced down at her name tag, determined to get her name this time, between her hair, I could make out what I think was, "Beatrice". Not sure if that was her first or last name. But definitely saw she was the Front Desk Supervisor.

I am more disappointed than disgusted. We REALLY liked this property. But after several poor service stays.... I will not be staying here again and have already warned my friends.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the north side. The south side faces the sun ALL DAY and your room will be unnaturally hot and if you pull the curtains, they radiate heat. If you're on the top floor, you can see the ocean. No joke.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HotelSavy90504
Torrance M, Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience about the Torrance Marriott South Bay. It is through candid responses such as yours that enable us to continue to make improvements in our facilities and service.

I only wish a more positive experience would have prompted your comments. I wanted this opportunity to express my disappointment in the level of service we provided, and more importantly, the impression we left upon you.

I would like a chance to renew your faith in the Torrance Marriott and show you the great service we provide.

If you would please contact me directly so we can discuss in more detail.

Doug Smith
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Very good location for shopping, food.. AMC, TJ Max , Levis right opposite 5 min walking..
Food is awesome at affordable $$ ... go to hometown buffet.. just about $10 you get unlimited!!
There is see food restaurant at AMC side..just $25 and you get entire ocean!! lot food in the street...in summary if you are a food lover happen to be in Torrance this is the place for you :)
Make sure you rent car from air port or book in advance at Hertz counter in the hotel... otherwise regret if you go as walking customer to rent a car! you certainly need a car to go beach.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MJB_SG
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Great Location in LA, we had our own car and we were able to get everywhere from the hotel.

The hotel was nice and clean with free WI FI both in the room as well as in the lobby.

We travelled with 2 kids and the room was just perfect for us.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Salatka
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I reserved the hotel online due to the proximity to the Airport. We arrived late but check in was easy. On-site self parking is available. It was a double room and the bedding was clean and confortable.

Morning went to the restaurent at the ground floor. Breakfast choices were great. The lady at the Omelette counter is very polite and served everyone with big smile. Even though I have to wait for some time in the line, her attitude made it bearable.

This hotel has starbucks cofee in the ground floor. If you like Denny's homestyle Break fast, then there is one near by this hotel. A point to note is that theao clean the pool. considering the point that there are lot of Kids in the hotel they must have cleaned up and setup the pool in the morning itself. Apart from that hotel is good for the money we paid.

Disclaimer: The opinions stated here are my own, not necessarily those of my employer.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We are here for the weekend, and the hotel complies all the basic needs.
it is well located and the surroundigs are beautiful.
We spent some time at the Rain Bar wich is great for a long day walk.
It looks like the hotel staff is always looking for their guests stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends