Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Del Amo Inn(Torrance)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe concierge loungerain barconcierge teamshopping malloutside seatingdel amogood sizenice hotelhigh floornice lobbyself parkingredondo beachbig malllobby areaplatinum memberbusiness hotelwould stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The hotel was meeting my expectations. Staff was welcoming, and the room was very clean. The concierge lounge was very well stocked. I would definitively go back.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Checked in today around 2pm. Room was on 14th floor - dated carpets & furniture, old and tired looking bathroom. Windows were dirty; there was a discarded, empty water bottle on the floor next to the bed. Changed and went to pool area to relax. Dirty towels on floor, on chaise lounge chairs and on tables, food left for hours and not cleared, brown smudges and trash on tile near indoor pool area. I requested that they clear the trash and towels at the front desk, but two hours later, not one thing was cleared. Went upstairs, showered and checked out because I was so uncomfortable staying at a hotel where the management obviously did not care about cleanliness. Sadly disappointed. Will not be returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank cj r
che s, Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear CJ R,
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the Torrance Marriott South Bay.

You indicated in your response that guest room and pool upkeep was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

CHE SUTTON
Senior Manager Rooms Operations
Torrance Marriott

Reviewed 23 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here and loved it. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. It wasn't far from the beach. I slept like a baby here. The bed and extra pillows were extremely comfortable. The Starbucks inside the hotel was definitely my husbands go-to place. The only issue we ran into was that we were in a room by the elevator, so it was noisy at times.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Helice D
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I almost didn't stay at this hotel due to some of the negative reviews and then I really put thought into what I was reading. Re: the construction. I came in on the weekend so the construction did not effect my stay at all.
The staff at this hotel was very cordial and helpful. Very clean hotel. I will most definitely be back and recommend to my colleagues. I came for business.

The hotel is in the suburbs close to the highway, malls and retail stores. Very good location.

1  Thank Sweetgee2
Torrance M, Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here at the Torrance Marriott South Bay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for three nights for a meeting and was shocked at how the hotel didn't live up to the standards I've come to expect from a Marriott. Here's a list of things that, in isolation, wouldn't amount to much but taken together suggest a poorly managed hotel:

1. Vending machine on my floor was out of order for all three days
2. Room guide directs you to a room service menu, which I had to get from housekeeping
3. Shower didn't drain properly so by the end of a shower the bath tub was half full
4. We were served lunch in our conference room at noon and when the meeting ended at 6 PM the dirty dishes still hadn't been taken away.
5. The keyboard for one of the computers in the business center did not work.

Also, my room had no safe, which has become a standard for business hotels. The room itself was OK but somewhat outdated.

The hotel is in a drab, somewhat isolated area of Torrance, a little over 2 miles from Redondo Beach so I would have thought that hotel would have tried to stand out in service and condition of the hotel.. . but clearly it doesn't. To be fair, positives include friendly and helpful staff and reasonably-price room service.

Room Tip: There's a large construction project on one side of the hotel so request a room facing the other side.
4  Thank PittReisender
Torrance M, Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your feedback, and I am disappointed that you experienced the issues you mentioned at our hotel. We take pride in offering great accommodations and great service along with that, but clearly we were not up to standards on your stay. I truly regret that we didn’t handle things better and have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur. Please accept our sincere apologies and we hope to see you on your next visit to the area.