“Torrance Marriott South Bay”

Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is an older property but it is in a good location. The grounds are vey nice and meant to simulate "resort" activities, i.e. giant chess, other games, indoor/outdoor pool, gardens, etc. At the time of my stay there was major construction in the lot across the street making access to dining and retail more difficult - temporary inconvenience, though.

If your intention is to do Los Angeles and Orange County you will need a car. There is a Hertz office onsite.

Room Tip: Many of the rooms have balconies - just ask. Upper floors get the sea breezes off the Pacific.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
che s, Manager at Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for the feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Torrance Marriott South Bay. We are looking forward to the mall completing the construction and understand the challenge it can be to navigate to the mall.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. please don’t hesitate to contact us for anything.

Hotel Management

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I stayed here 4 nights. The location is good if travelling via LAX. The room was clean and comfortable, breakfast buffet was very good and plenty to select from. I was granted free wifi and it worked well from my room. Next to hotel a shopping mall and some good stores and a large movie theatre. Car parking not a problem, although they charge for using the car park facility.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Upon arrival at the hotel, it appeared nice and clean. The staff was helpful and professional. Unfortunately, my experience wasn't the best shortly after that. When I arrived to my room I found that it was not clean. In fact, they had just started to clean it. I could have understood had I checked in early, but it was near 6pm when I did check in. A call to the front desk did not yield very fast results. By the time they figured out that they could move me to a clean room... the maid had finished and I didn't have to wait in the lobby with my luggage any longer. It was a blessing that I did not have to call from my room as the phone in the room did not work during my entire several day stay. Assuming that they would just fix the phone wasn't an option. They wanted me to move to a different room to have a working phone. That did not happen.

Overall it was a nice room with a great view...if you can overlook the construction going on across the street. I will say that unless I had the sliders open, I could not hear the machinery as many others have said.

One more irritating thing... they charge for wifi. Really? It should be included with the same priority as a bar of soap in the bathroom.

With all that said, I would stay here again. It was clean and nice.

Room Tip: Stay on high floor away from elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staying in the Marriott Torrance South Bay . I think it is a good hotel, with standard rooms, but with good wifi connection. The facilities of the hotel are nice, with a good indoor/ outdoor swimming pool. However in front of the hotel there is a big construction site which drives you crazy with noise when you are outside and want to lay in the sun. They are building an extension to the mall, so it is going to take a while before that is finished, which is too bad, because of all the noise that starts around 7 am .
Hotel has furthermore a good breakfast restaurant, with lots of fresh fruit choices, eggs any way you like them etc.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Booked room through Marriott website, room was pleasant enough, but lousy view. Check in was efficient and professional. Everything in room functioned. Bed suited my comfort needs. Food quality was reasonable. Valet parking was efficient. Service throughout hotel was excellent. I had no issues during my stay and would stay again. There were ongoing construction activities at the mall across the street, so ease of walking to mall might be constrained.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank private1_90732
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I really loved this hotel when I first got here. They have a nice bar downstairs, and their own Starbucks in the lobby, right off the elevators. The bed is comfortable and the room service menu is decent. However, they came crashing down off that pedestal the moment I found out they charge $12.95 A DAY for internet. I'm sorry, what? For $240 a night I would think internet is included. It's not the staff's fault - they are very professional and courteous. I just hope Marriott pulls their head out of the sand and starts offering FREE wi-fi in every room. We are constantly on the road for business and frequently stay in this area. Sadly, I will not be coming back to this hotel, solely because of the internet issue. EVERYONE has free wi-fi (and not just in the lobby) - get with it Marriott!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank jittterbug
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The hotel was meeting my expectations. Staff was welcoming, and the room was very clean. The concierge lounge was very well stocked. I would definitively go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business