“pleasant surprise”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Greenbelt, Maryland
“pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Quiet clean room, good sound sleep, satisfactory breakfast. It exceeds in all three categories hotels at the same price point. Misses the fifth star because at that price 'excellence' should mean a really outstanding experience.
Definitively would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
sanjose, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

air condition systeam not good from now on check it aircondition systeam now is winter season what do you think? one of my friend visit my room he got cauht a cold mean it flus so,next time wish nothing is going to be happen.thank you

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

It was my first trip to USA. Unfortunately i forgot my Credit Card in India while rushing to the airport. Hotel reception wont allow me to check In. but the staff was courteous enough for offering me 10 days payments upfront full cash. I was delighted to take the offer...
Rooms are good clean and well maintained, bathrooms are average. Breakfast is awesome. overall experience was GOOD !

Room Tip: Choose the south side facing pool on the 4th floor and above
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Scottsdale, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

The staff were exceptional! The hotel was very clean and my room was well taken care of my entire stay (turn-down service). I always had fresh towels, soaps, coffee, tea, etc.. I was there for just over a week and do not have any complaints. Any questions I had were promptly answered and taken care of. When I checked in, I did not take into count the time difference and arrived early. They had me set up in a double bed room (it was the only thing available before I showed up) and I requested to see if they could get me a king since I was by myself. They went above and beyond to get me in early and reserved a king room for me. Definitely put a smile on my face after a long drive in. If I had questions about the area, everyone seemed to know all the answers which made traveling around much easier for me. I ordered room service a few times for breakfast. The food always arrived on time, was hot and with a smiling face delivering it...even at 6 in the morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am in the area again, I would without a doubt stay here. On a side note...Being alone on a business trip in an unfamiliar area can be intimidating. I felt safe and secure in the hotel and the area surrounding the hotel the whole time.

Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

We had a wonderful stay at the DoubleTree in Torrance. It was a quick drive to Redondo Beach and right accross the street from a huge mall. The hotel was beautiful, especially the lobby area. We drove down one day to Disneyland and it was a quick, straightforward drive. Also very easy access to the airport.

Thank Christina Nicol... K
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

I love this hotel. We used to stay at the Doubletree in San Pedro because it's in closer proximity to our family and friends, but the one in Torrance is soooo much nicer! I will be staying here from now on. The interior of this hotel is newer, cleaner, and overall superior in every way. Even the room service menu is better. I'm sold.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Oakland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

The staff from the concierge to the front desk, to the restaurant to the bar were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and everything was crisp. We usually have a hard time sleeping on the first night any where we go, but we were able to get a good night sleep from day one. The hotel is close to restaurants and shopping. We did not rent a car and the cab ride was approximately 15-20 minutes. We would definitely stay here again.

1 Thank Esther M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
BEST WESTERN PLUS Avita Suites
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay? Share your experiences!