“"Needs Improvement"”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Corona, California
“"Needs Improvement"”
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

As a Hilton Honors members, I expected more during my stay and left disappointed. The towels and bedding are worn and in desperate need of replacement. Requested a double bed and was told there weren't any more double beds in non smoking available. Ended up with a smoking room...not good for an asthmatic. Front desk did not try to accommodate me in any way. The management staff should re-train the front desk staff on how to treat guests. Probably wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bling Bling N
Gerald A, Social Media & Marketing Coordinator at Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Hi Bling Bling N,

Thank you for the time you put into sharing this review with us. We are sorry we were not able to address your specific wishes on this occasion. Our front desk agents do their best to accommodate each guest’s requests and we are sorry that the double smoking room that you were placed in was not the best solution. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to offering you a far superior experience the next time you need a great hotel in Torrance or the Greater Los Angeles area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Visalia, California
Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel was 5 star all the way around from the personnel to the accommodations to the service. Everything was wonderful. The staff was always there to help make our stay a great one. It has numerous restaurants within walking distance and shopping. The breakfast was outstanding.

las vegas, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

location, welcoming, cleanliness, value, services, rooms, event center, Food, staff. especial guests requests for example as we got there i just make a little comment how long was our trip to get there from Las Vegas, and looking a place to by some water to my guests, Carlos got ahead by provide us with bottles to us was a very nice touch.

Greenbelt, Maryland
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Quiet clean room, good sound sleep, satisfactory breakfast. It exceeds in all three categories hotels at the same price point. Misses the fifth star because at that price 'excellence' should mean a really outstanding experience.
Definitively would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
sanjose, United States
Reviewed 24 November 2013

air condition systeam not good from now on check it aircondition systeam now is winter season what do you think? one of my friend visit my room he got cauht a cold mean it flus so,next time wish nothing is going to be happen.thank you

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 22 November 2013

It was my first trip to USA. Unfortunately i forgot my Credit Card in India while rushing to the airport. Hotel reception wont allow me to check In. but the staff was courteous enough for offering me 10 days payments upfront full cash. I was delighted to take the offer...
Rooms are good clean and well maintained, bathrooms are average. Breakfast is awesome. overall experience was GOOD !

Room Tip: Choose the south side facing pool on the 4th floor and above
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Scottsdale, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

The staff were exceptional! The hotel was very clean and my room was well taken care of my entire stay (turn-down service). I always had fresh towels, soaps, coffee, tea, etc.. I was there for just over a week and do not have any complaints. Any questions I had were promptly answered and taken care of. When I checked in, I did not take into count the time difference and arrived early. They had me set up in a double bed room (it was the only thing available before I showed up) and I requested to see if they could get me a king since I was by myself. They went above and beyond to get me in early and reserved a king room for me. Definitely put a smile on my face after a long drive in. If I had questions about the area, everyone seemed to know all the answers which made traveling around much easier for me. I ordered room service a few times for breakfast. The food always arrived on time, was hot and with a smiling face delivering it...even at 6 in the morning. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I am in the area again, I would without a doubt stay here. On a side note...Being alone on a business trip in an unfamiliar area can be intimidating. I felt safe and secure in the hotel and the area surrounding the hotel the whole time.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
The Redondo Beach Hotel
The Redondo Beach Hotel
#1 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Courtyard Los Angeles Torrance/Palos Verdes

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Torrance - South Bay? Share your experiences!