“Just average or less”

Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
Seoul
“Just average or less”
Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

If I were to go back to LA I would stay elsewhere. The room was clean enough. The wifi doesn't work well and at one point wouldn't connect at all. The elevator is slow and sketchy with a very slow squeaky door.

Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
HojoTorrance, Front Office Manager at Howard Johnson Torrance, responded to this review, 18 January 2013
Dear Valued Hojo Guests,
We have heard your critiques and I assure you that everyone at the Howard Johnson in Torrance is working hard to assess the problems at hand. Fixing the internet at the north end of the property has become a major priority and it will be fully functioning in the near future. We greatly appreciate your business and we would love to prove ourselves and our commitment to our guests in your future stays. We hope to see you all soon. Have a great day and a happy new year.

Warmest Regards
Howard Johnson Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I was very delighted with my stay at Hojo. Lots of restaurants around and close to a major shopping center. I was placed in the corner room, which was spacious, clean and well-appointed. the daily housekeeping d.id a great job at cleaning and front desk staff were professional. I will definitely come back next time...

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Greg645
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Front desk people were very good and helpfull. I got 2nd floor corner room 226 with a microwave and a small refrigerator. Breakfast was good but not many choices. Room was clean and they claen the room daily. Room heater was not working and I asked them to fix it and they fixed it next day. They gave us extra blankets as it was cold that night. I stayed with my family from Dec,29 to Dec 31st and checked out on Jan 1st. I have no complain. Overwall people were very friendly.Great location, free parking and it was worth staying there. We'll stay there again in future.

Room Tip: I suggest to select 2nd and 3rd floor.