“Comfortable, Convenient, Alright”

Howard Johnson Torrance
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Torrance
“Comfortable, Convenient, Alright”
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I stayed here near the end of September for a few nights. The front desk was very nice and checked me in quickly. The halls are nice and there's even a nice little sitting area on the second floor if you want to just grab some fresh air and relax. The elevator inspection needs to be renewed though. That's a must being that the elevator door hit me kind of hard and then looking at the certificate seeing that it expired sometime in December of 2012. The room was nice and roomy. I got a non-smoking room with one bed. The bed sheets looked and smelled great, the bathroom sink area was clean and tidy. Just the bathroom with the tub needed to be swept a bit better being that I found a couple of hairs on the floor. What got to me a bit as well was that there were some ants in the bathroom with the tub. I saw a few during my stay and killed them with a tissue. Other than the bathroom needing a bit more cleaning, the flatscreen TV worked nice, the desk chairs were clean and comfy, and the bed was very comfortable. ALSO.. finding an outlet space was kind of difficult. They could use some work on desk outlets or wall plugs. The WI-FI was fast. I had to keep signing on every here and there, but it was very speedy when you are connected. I MIGHT stay here again when I am in the area. That bathroom needs some work!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Korean first
Oslo
Reviewed 27 September 2013

the hotel was okay. it was situated at a quiet neighborhood, 30-45 minutes drive to universal studios. it was not far from the beach and was close to many restaurants and shopping area. the free breakfast was simple; bread, waffles, cereals, muffins and some fruits. the wifi connection was good. the staff was friendly and helpful. the room was really big and i liked it. good value for the money and i would come back here.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Everett, Washington
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights with my girlfriend while visiting Southern California. This was a decent place. I gave it 5 stars because it was everything that I expected for what I was paying. I got a deal for the hotel with my flight and it was a great price.

When we checked in, we got a room right away and we checked in 2 hours before the check in time. The room was clean and was cleaned daily. The breakfast was decent. Fruit, cereal, make your own pancakes (2 minutes), coffee, juice. Breakfast is from 7-10 am.

We had one problem. Our smoke detector in the room started going off around midnight one night. I had to disconnect it and call down to get the maintenance guy up there to change the batteries. It took 20 minutes and then we went back to bed.

So I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dan9554
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Torrance Marriott Redondo Beach
Redondo Inn and Suites
Redondo Inn and Suites
#10 of 19 in Redondo Beach

Been to Howard Johnson Torrance? Share your experiences!