“excellent”

Howard Johnson Torrance
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Torrance

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Korean first
Torrance
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I really liked the hotel. I was surprised by the selection they had for the breakfast they include with your stay. Most hotels that I have stayed at have coffee and maybe a danish if you get up early enough. but here i had my choice of bagels, toast, cereal and even waffles. Now I'm not a person who goes out and spends a lot of money on hotels, so for me and my family's needs it was great. The location of the hotel was great as well. 2 minuets from the beach market and food places all right there in walking distance and Del Amo Mall is right there as well. overall when i go back to California this is one hotel that i will be staying at again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

HojoTorrance, General Manager at Howard Johnson Torrance, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Melissalozano L:

Thank you so much for you feedback! We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience in Howard Johnson. As you mentioned in your review, we also believe our breakfast and location two of the greatest assets. The hotel is right in the heart of the city, which makes it easy to walk to most local restaurants, shopping centers, and grocery stores, while major attractions - Redondo beach, Santa Monica Pier, Universal studios, Hollywood - are within relatively short driving distance. In addition, our rates are very competitive for the area. Thank you again for your review! We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The Torrance CA. howard Johnson hotel where we stayed was terrible.when we arrived the desk person who was new found our reservation and told us where to go.This employee asked for my sister in laws debit card just for holding purposes and said he would charge nothing on it, but he did.Second our room had a water leak in the ceiling above the shower.When we went to ask for another room he said no other rooms were available and that he would refund the money back on the card that there would be no charge for the room.The computer was not working well when he tried to credit her card about 5 times for the refund he ended up debiting her card taking out a lot of money and leaving her with a negative balance. She was very upset. This issue took her until the next morning to fix because she had to get the manager and her bank involved. Howard Johnson had to fax a letter over to her bank to put all the money back that he debited from her account. I felt bad that she had to go through all this trouble. They need to have somebody update this hotel with rooms service and moderate computers so nothing like this ever happens to someone else.This place never used to be bad 20 years ago but unfortunatly they let themselves go with less than perfect rooms which are in need of serious makeovers. She only booked this place for convenience not knowing what was inside.Howared Johnsons get yourselves into the 21st century.I give this place 1 out of five stars because the only thing good was the coffee. please keep going and do not be tempted to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014
HojoTorrance, General Manager at Howard Johnson Torrance, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
Dear LALiz4549:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your stay. I'm truly sorry you and your sister had an unsatisfactory stay at the hotel. Our staff have always been trying to go above and beyond to meet the unique and diverse needs of our guests, but there are circumstances that may lie beyond our control that may prevent us from doing so, including computer glitches. As mentioned in your review, the night auditor was merely attempting to reimburse your stay due to the leak problem in your room, which resulted in an accidental charge on your account. Please know this was not our intention. And while we understand the inconvenience, I was at the hotel as early as 6am to resolve the case with your bank. I'm truly sorry to hear that despite the prompt and efficient resolution, you decided not to stay with us in the future.

Thank you for your comments, and my apologies for not meeting your needs.

Inessa Udovchenko

Travellers are raving about these Torrance hotels

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

small, dirty .. electricities are out of control ..
very noisy when wind blows..
clerks are very annoying with little patience ..

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Dear Jupapa23:

Thank you for dropping us a line. I see that you only had a less than average stay, and my sincere apologies for that. Although we are not the newest hotel in the area, our hotel staff have always been able to shine with their professionalism and warm customer service. I'm truly sorry to hear they missed the opportunity to impress you. I hope you will give us another change to deliver you the service you deserve.

Inessa Udovchenko
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torrance
Best Western Plus Avita Suites
Redondo Inn and Suites
Redondo Inn and Suites
#9 of 19 in Redondo Beach
Residence Inn Los Angeles Torrance/Redondo Beach

Been to Howard Johnson Torrance? Share your experiences!