“This will Make you love Punjabi Food!”
Review of Dhaba

Dhaba
Ranked #7 of 207 Restaurants in Tracy
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Buffet
Reviewed 28 May 2014

A friend from India introduced me to this restaurant and now my entire family can't get enough--especially their butter chicken! The prices are reasonable, the food is displayed behind a glass counter--so no worries if you can't pronounce it--just point! They provide sides and sweets on elegant silver platters--the whole experience if fun, colorful--and casual. It's THE place for great Indian food--don't be scared to try--you'll love it!

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Went there only 3 times. Kept wanting it to be better. Never really happened. Food tended to be a bit overcooked. Tried off the menu specials that turned out not to be so special. Not particularly bad but just not that much attention to detail. I ended up going up the street to Sansar.

1  Thank Sean P
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great food Love their Chicken tikka masala. I would love to go there again. Customer service was wonderful.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

So, you are probably asking: Why the heck do I want to go to Tracy?

The answer to this question is finally here, and I am only too happy to share it with you.

I have been wanting to try "Dhaba" for a long time, but naturally I wanted company while dining. So, my college-age grand-daughter and I finally made a date for lunch.

Dhaba has a great lunch special where you can get 1 to 3 entrees plus all the trimmings like rice, salad, delicious naan bread, and dessert included in the price. This was the smart way to go, because we were able to sample from each other's entree choices. We ate tandoori chicken, then chicken tikka, chicken vindaloo, chicken makhani, all in their excellent sauces. There are also lamb and fish dishes, as well as veggie dishes on the entree menu. Each bite of chicken in the various sauces was a taste sensation that begged for more. The Basmati rice that accompanied was tender and slightly seasoned, The cucumber salad was loaded with tomato, cucumber and red onions with just a hint of dressing, and there just didn't seem to be enough of the rice and sweet carrot pudding; had I been home I most certainly would have licked out the cup it came in.

Dhabi has an extensive menu and has various beers, teas, coffee, soft drinks, and native Indian drinks to please any palate.

Anyone who is an aficionado of Indian or Pakistani food is going to love Dhaba. This was the first of many future lunch dates at Dhaba for my grand-daughter and me. She loved it as well. It is definitely a cut above many of the Indian restaurants that populate the San Francisco Bay Area and well worth the drive for those folks stuck in the cities lining San Francisco Bay, clamoring for the best.

Eat your hearts out, because the best, Dhaba Indian Cuisine, is here in Tracy!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Great, authentic Indian food. The Chicken Masala is excellent. The best time to go is at lunch during the week, you can get the specials. All the food is good, service is good. The atmosphere isn't great, but it's average. Prices are average. I would recommend for sure.

Been to Dhaba? Share your experiences!