I've stayed at this location 6-7 times a year for the last 4 years. It's an older hotel with reasonable pricing and a convenient location. I'll address my concerns after the positives.
*easy access to I5
*competitive pricing to other hotels in the area
*I've never called or gone in and found them sold out
*close to restaurants and shopping
*Microwave and fridge in every room.
* Standard HIE hot breakfast
*Older hotel. they recently re-carpeted and the room doors don't close automatically anymore. This is a safety issue
*Really not geared to the business traveler. The wireless internet is hit or miss, sometimes it's easy to connect, sometimes you can't get on
*Room furnishings are not computer friendly. Tables are small kitchen tables and chairs are very low cane chairs, really a uncomfortable when working on a laptop.
* MOST IMPORTANT, SERVICE: the air conditioning unit did not work int he room I was given. I went to the front desk for a different room, and waited 5 minutes for the clerk to come back to the desk. He came back after I called the hotel on the cell phone and let it ring for a very long time. I was given another room ( 121) which shared a wall with the elevator, vending, and ice machine. The compressor on the ice machine cycles every couple of minutes making a noise clearly heard through the wall. As I arrived late in the evening I chose to tough it out rather than request a third room. And lastly, ( and this may seem petty), my status as a Priority Club Platinum member doesn't seem very important to this location. I've never been given or offered a room upgrade at the Tracy location.
If you're looking for a place to sleep during, on the way to or from a action, this hotel will fit your needs. But if you're a road warrior traveling on business it's worth it to drive another 12 miles to the Holiday Inn Express in Lathrop CA. It's newer and really geared toward making the business traveler comfortable while on the road. And lately it's the same price per night as Tracy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Tracy, CA.For 8 years we ve been Tracy s Best Hotel. Our 102 rooms are the largest & quietest in Tracy. For supreme luxury opt for a 2 room suite with a jetted tub & relax after a hard day s work or play! Every room is clean & comfortable. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Tracy has all you need to have an excellent stay. Corporate travelers find many on-site conveniences i.e. free wireless Internet access. Leisure travelers can relax in our pool area. Everyone will feel welcomed by our friendly 24hr staff. Meeting & Banquet rooms are also available. We host everything from weddings to business meetings. With our banquet facilities the possibilities are endless! While here visit historic downtown Tracy, the Farmer s Market and the Tracy Dry Bean Festival. We re the gateway to destinations like San Francisco Bay Area & Yosemite National Park. We re near Stockton, Livermore and Lodi, which have some of CA s best wineries i.e. Wente Bros. & Delicato Vineyards. We host Tracy s major employers i.e. Adessa Golden Gate, the San Joaquin Defense Depot and Leprino Foods. We are eager to serve your company too. Overall, you ll find we re the best value in Tracy. So come Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Tracy for rooms and service that exceed all expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Tracy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Tracy Hotel Tracy
- Holiday Inn Tracy