“Amazing Customer Service”

Fairfield Inn Tracy
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tracy
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Thank you for taking such great care of my family on October 13, 2013. We were staying at the Hampton Inn across the parking lot when our Catalytic Converters were stolen during the night (bye bye $1000 deductible - these parts have a $4400 replacement cost).

We had just checked out of the Hampton Inn when we found out about our car. We asked if we could stay another night and also get two adjoining rooms. They had already pre-assigned their inventory for the day and refused to accommodate us. It wasn't that they were fully booked, but they had put a group of business people in rooms that were adjoining and there weren't any adjoining left. The employee at Hampton did not want to take the time to move anything around.

Flustered, I walked across the parking lot to the Fairfield Inn. We were so graciously taken care of and the customer service was above and beyond my expectations. They hurriedly moved some things around in their inventory so that we could get an adjoining room. They called mall security to make sure they were aware of the theft (they were not yet). They lowered our rate to help us out, and since we visit family in Tracy often offered to honor that rate whenever we visit.

So thankful for your kindness. We will see you this weekend for a 5 night stay!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Wow- Thank you for the 5 stars. We are so glad to hear we kept out "Promises" with you. I will share your survey with my staff today. We look forward to keeping our Promises in your future stays.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

The hotal was hard to find. It is in the grounds of the West Valley Mall about one mile from where our GPS placed it. We ended up calling them (imagine!) and they provided directions.

It is a good example of Marriott's bottom-end chain, with a basic quality room at a low price. Our room had a small sitting area just inside the door and beds further in. I find these hotels generally placed close to highways and this one too had a lot of traffic noise.

Breakfast (included) is also basic. The place is clean and the staff friendly. The only thing to mar our stay was an officious Manager who used a technicality to charge us $9 more than the reservation rate on our room. It was obvious that she had not received the memo on being accomodating to Marriott Elite members.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Deryck60
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a reveiw. We did answer your request in changing your King bed to a room with two double Queen beds. We also spoke to your wife about the $9.00 difference in rate, which she informed my Manager that was fine. I'm so sorry we were not able to keep the same rate. On your next stay call me ahead and I will ensure we will take great care of you. I promise to keep my promise with you. Again thank you

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

As you enter the mall area make the first turn right before getting to the main mall circle road. There is a small self made sign that says "hotels". Rooms were clean and it smelled good. Internet worked fine and lots of eats and shopping mall in walking distance.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank luvtotravel2006
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survery and thank you for letting us know we kept our promises.

Reviewed 24 August 2013

My husband & I stayed for 7 days the last week in May 2013. The location is central to most of the Northern CA attractions. The Fairfield Inn staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. The rooms, lobby & pool areas were very clean. Breakfast was good. The shopping center near the inn was a nice to have. We especially enjoyed our burgers at the Squeeze Inn. Overall a great experience!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karen G
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for taking your time to fill out a survey. Thank you for the great score I will be sharing this in my staff. I glad we "Kept our Promises".

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Upon arrival, our room was not quite ready. As a Marriott Elite member, my preferences are transmitted each time I make a reservation. The feather free room was not ready. They ran ahead of us, as we retrieved our bags, to remove the feather pillows.

The 'KING SUITE" was not a SUITE in the true sense of the term. It was merely a king bed with a couch sitting area (that unfolded into a bed). I was traveling with teenagers and was anticipating having the ability to close off my sleeping quarters.

They do not have any rooms in that configuration. If you want privacy, rent TWO rooms.

The room was clean & quiet. At 3 stories tall, top floor rooms on the back are the quietest (there is no parking lot in the back). A/C units are inside room, a little loud, but powerful!

Morning breakfast was good. the assortment includes scrambled eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, bagels, toast, 4 cold cereals, milk & yogurt - same thing every morning. But the OJ is totally watered down - it is terrible! Like TANG!

The COFFEE tasted like old burned gym socks - totally disgusting. It was the WORST COFFEE that I have EVER tasted, anywhere in the world!

The swimming pool gets disgusting late in the day. They need to install a computerized water chemistry controller to automatically dispense the proper amount of chemicals. No one is monitoring the water and increasing the chlorine when the bather load increases. If it smells like "chlorine" when you enter the indoor pool, do not go swimming. That is not "TOO MUCH CHLORINE" that you smell, rather the opposite - the off gassing of bather waste combined with chlorine (ammonia compounds called Chloramines).

The kids were disappointed that the pool was called off limits by their dad. Too bad that dad knows his health safety and pool water chemistry - it ruined their afternoon.

No on-site restaurant, but many by - Panda Express, Chili's, Texas Steakhouse, Black Bear Diner....

No on site exercise facility. They do have arrangements to provide you with a day pass to a local off-site gym about 10 minutes away. On Saturday morning the place did not open until 8am, and was instantly PACKED! Lots of equipment. Just too far away.

Room Tip: Top floor (third floor) in the back are the best. There is no parking lot in the back, so no chance...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank TiredWorldTraveler
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. Our staff works hard at "Promise to keep our Promises" and thank you for the survey. I will share your review today in my staff huddle.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

This hotel has some of the most friendly staff I have ever come across. That being said, they are not the most knowledgeable or competent. The hotel itself is your typical Fairfield Inn. It is difficult to find quiet rooms however, as the hotel is quite near the freeway. There are plenty of options for eating, but not many of them are any good. There is Applebees, IHOP, FamousDaves and a BWW is about to open up soon.

Room Tip: Do not get a King Suite, they are all on the noisy side of the hotel. Book a double queen room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Nomolos
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey. We are glad to hear "We Kept Our Promises" .

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Stayed on business. Both the evening and morning staff were very friendly and went out of their way to make me comfortable. They didn't have the room ready as feather-free, but did have one pillow (of the 8 on the two beds) that wasn't feather. Room was clean, bed comfortable enough, no mildew in the bathroom. Breakfast was fine. Standard packaged scrambled eggs, and no hard-boiled eggs, but all the standard breads & yogurts + fruit - it works for a day or two. They do offer some discounts for dinner at the adjacent hamburger place or Applebees, but I opted for the Vietnamese place across the street and that was fabulous. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
DOSHIA M, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2013

Hello,

I'm so happy to hear our staff "Kept our Promises" during your stay with us and I'm happy to see you will be coming back. So sorry about the feather pillows being in your room.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tracy
0 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Tracy
University Plaza Waterfront Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Tracy
Best Western Luxury Inn

Been to Fairfield Inn Tracy? Share your experiences!