“NOT a luxury hotel.”

Best Western Luxury Inn
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Tracy
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I really don't know why this inn is considered a luxury hotel, it certainly didn't live up to that description to me. Room had a musty odor also. Breakfast was pitiful with very little to choose from. The only protein was a few shriveled-looking hard boiled eggs. Only two cereals were offered, both pre-sweetened.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western T, Manager at Best Western Luxury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 209 832-0271.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Luxury Inn

Reviewed 6 July 2014

maybe a little out of the i-5 corridor but worth the slight detour to get too. the cost for a bw hotel was very good. we had an excellent room and a breakfast with a little of everything. next to a dennys for a quick supper

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. Your feedback is very important to us and we will be using your feedback to improve our services. I am glad you have enjoyed your stay. We at Best Western Luxury Inn strive to provide the best customer service we can to all our guests. I would like to welcome you back anytime.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We needed a place to stay on the way from LAX to SFO and arrived in Tracy at 3:30AM. The receptionist was competent and the room was comfortable including the beds. We had breakfast which was just a continental type, waffles, breads, cereal, fruits and yogert.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western T, Manager at Best Western Luxury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. I am glad you liked your stay. We strive our best to provide the best customer service we can to all of our guests. Also, your feedback is very important to us since we use feedback from our guests to better our services. We hope you will come back and stay with us again.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Upon arriving at this hotel, we saw a couple with one of the hotel workers standing by their car which had just been broken into. Their window had been smashed out. We had already made a reservation to stay here, so we went inside. Since we were relatively unfamiliar with the area, we asked the guy at the desk (who had been outside the with couple a few minutes earlier) is this a safe area, he told us the couple had left their laptop in their car. While I get that it might not have been a good decision on their part, they didn't deserve to have their windows broken out.
I explained that we were staying with two young children and just wanted to be sure, he repeated his previous statement, but slower and in a tone that bordered, if not crossed the line, of being rude. At that moment, my first instant was to leave and tell them they could keep their room, but we had already been driving for hours and the kids were exhausted, so we stayed. The rest of the check in proved to us that this guys general attitude was one of being unwilling or unable to show polite customer service. Meanwhile the couple who had their window smashed, were outside cleaning up the glass.

After waiting for one of the two luggage carts become available, we settled into our room. The room was fairly clean. When we got ready to go to bed we realized the hide-a-bed had no blankets on it, only a sheet. I called down to ask for blankets and pillows and I was told by the same clerk as earlier that he would bring up blankets when he had time and they were out of pillows.

The main bed had only a thin bed spread, no other blanket, and there were no other blankets in the room.

Breakfast consisted of poor quality yogurt and some other normal breakfast type items, plus a waffle maker.

The general theme of this hotel was, it offers just enough to get by. No attention to detail or real service or comfort.

I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank TKMK360
Best Western T, Manager at Best Western Luxury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. We strive our best to provide the best customer we can to all our guest. On behalf of my entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. I, thank you for your feedback. We will be using your feedback to better improve our services. We hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My family and I stayed there over night on the way to Oakland. The breakfast was our main priority and it was just great. I was traveling with two children, so having waffles was a great thing for them. My husband and I enjoyed the in room coffee and the tub was nice. An all around great place to rest up, we didn't know pets were allowed, so we will most definitely be staying in the hotel again with our dog. We travel alot and not having to stay in a cheap motel six all the time is great.. Plus the free night promotion, we will have to get that. Thanks best western

• Stayed: May 2014
Best Western T, Manager at Best Western Luxury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

I, thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive our best to provide the best customer service we can to all of our guests. We will be using your feedback to improve our service. We welcome you and your family back anytime.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

When visiting my nephew in Tracy, Ca, we generally stay at the Fairfield Inn. Due to last minute plans, the Fairfield was booked and we had to look elsewhere. The Best Western has okay reviews, so we booked there. The young man that checked us in was very nice and helpful. We had to have our keys changed as they didn’t work on the outside door. The room was adequate. Nothing special, but okay. Had to use phone books on the window sills to hold the drapes closed.

After spending two nights, we received a phone call from a neighbor that our water heater was leaking and we had to hurry home. The same young man checked us out around 3 P.M. on the third day. He stated that since we had to leave because of an emergency, he would only charge us for the two nights even though it was past check out time. How very nice of Best Western. I signed for the two nights and received a receipt for same.

When I received my credit card bill, it contained charges for three nights, not two. I called Best Western and spoke to Sarah who informed me that the receipt I had was not an “official receipt”, although it is the only one I have, and that the clerk had no authority to waive the charges for the third night and she would not make any adjustment to my bill. Not so nice of Best Western.

My advice, if you stay there, would be to be sure and get an “official receipt” when you check out, and because they have no authority, do not pay too much attention to what any of the clerks tell you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M
Best Western T, Manager at Best Western Luxury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. However, as mention to you, our hotel policy for checkout time is 11 am. If you check out anytime after 11 am you will be charge for another day and since you checkout around 3 pm you were charge for another day. The receipt you receive was a rough receipt but not an official receipt since room and tax for the day do not post until 3 am in the morning. The employee gave you a receipt because you ask for one but no payment was posted to your receipt because you were still going to be charge for the 3rd night. We would have send you an official receipt but we did not have a mailing address for you so we could not send you an official receipt.

Once again, your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Close to the highway and all restaurants. In N Out was across the street. Gal that greeting us was awesome. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but coffee and toast are good. Not sure what else to say but can't hit send to I hit 200 characters...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Best Western T, Manager at Best Western Luxury Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

I, thank you for taking the time to respond to the survey. I am glad you enjoyed your stay here with us. We strive our best to provide excellent customer service to all our guests. We welcome you back any time. Also, our feedback is very important to us and we will use your feedback to better our services.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tracy
Extended Stay America - Stockton - Tracy
Fairfield Inn Tracy
#2 of 9 in Tracy
Best Western Plus Executive Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Manteca

Been to Best Western Luxury Inn? Share your experiences!