Motel 6 Tracy
QualityInn
US$207
US$157
Hampton.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2013

As a young solo female traveler I do usually inspect the room prior to checking in but on a budget the price was so low that I decided I could make do. It wasn't awful- I mean it was super cheap so there's a lot I can over look. Things that bothered me- there was no wall unit AC in the room , there was a thermostat that cooled the room but it was stuffy so I would have much preferred a wall unit to circulate the air some- second thing- I let the water run for a good 5 minutes in the morning waiting for the hot water so that I could shower.. no such luck... I did feel safe at this hotel as a solo female traveler there were lots of people in the parking lot and walking dogs and doing laundry ect, but to me that is safer than a few lone creepers. I would stay again because the price is just that good- and the front desk staff was nice and I appreciated that they didn't say my roomnumber out loud as they do at some places, makes me feel kinda unsafe if there are other people in the lobby waiting.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ciara B
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Only place I could afford for a last minute place to stay. Room smelled of cigarettes even though non smoking room. Hair on the sheets makes me believe they had not been changed. Noisy and creepy. Bathroom did not look like it had been clean and I was concerned that the towels were also dirty. Will not be staying here again even though I will be working here for an extended time.

Room Tip: Don't stay
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Celistrial M
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Celistrial M - We apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you encountered during your recent stay. These issues are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Rough, dangerous neighborhood and cops came twice. Creepy people coming and going all hours of the night! The room was very small and NOT clean, mattress was uncomfortable, bedding smelled strongly of bleach and couldn't open the one tiny window for ventilation. Honestly, I'm not that picky, but I can't think of anything positive to say!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Vickie790
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Tracy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Vickie790 - Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The cleanliness and comfort issues you encountered are not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6, and we sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Night clerk was ok. Rooms are very small, but at least semi-clean. Room was " nonsmoking" but had an ashtray and smelled of smoke. Mattresses need to be changed as they were lumpy. Right off the highway, but in an area that leaves you feeling uneasy. Worst motel 6 I have been to.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Lorenasa
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Nothing seemed to work in this motel. Spent 10 minutes trying to adjust the air conditioning and then noticed the temperature set was missing. This place is a disaster area. I've stayed at over 200 motel sixes over the past 20 years and this place gets the prize as the worst. Woke up in the morning with several bites on my left leg and on my left arm. No comment on what caused it. One bite caused my leg above the knee to swell up for 3 days. The only reason we took this motel was it's location to San Francisco. It was only an hours drive away. Should have read the reviews on trip advisor before booking. My mistake and I paid for it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends