Trinidad Bay Bed & Breakfast Hotel
Emerald Forest Cabins & RV(Trinidad)(Great Value!)
US$201
Arcata/Eureka Holiday Inn Express(McKinleyville)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
US$85
US$106
US$83
Best Western Arcata Inn(Arcata)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$140
US$190
Hampton.com
Trinidad Inn(Trinidad)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewspool roomcrab potredwoods roomwindow seatthe main housebaked applelight housefabulous breakfastcookiesan amazing viewother guestsroad tripeach morninga real treatthought of everythingupon checklovely room
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I found this B&B on the internet and was hoping it was OK. What a find. We checked in very late due to travel problems. We were very tired. I thought the manager, Jason, might be irritated, but it was the opposite. He was very gracious and accommodating. The room, Redwoods, was spotless with a luxurious bed and complimentary wine. Wonderful. The next morning we were treated to the gorgeous view. Breakfast was yummy and healthy. Jason is as talkative as you want. He does not get in your space, but is so nice answering questions about anything to do with the area, where to eat, and things to do. I was so pleased that we are hoping to return often.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Judy J
JasonRichie, Innkeeper at Trinidad Bay Bed & Breakfast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Thank you for the kind review. I am happy to offer alternate check-in times if guests are not able to arrive during our normal check-in time. Since you were communicating with me in advance it was easily accommodated. I enjoy talking to guests when they want but I also like to give them the space and privacy they need. I look forward to you returning in the future.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

My husband and I happened upon Trinidad Bay B&B while traveling to Red Wood National Park on a hiking vacation. The B&B has a beautiful view. We stayed in the spacious room on the left of the house with a private garden overlooking the bay and lighthouse. Jason prepared a delicious breakfast which he delivered to our room, making it possible for us to breakfast while enjoying the view from the front of the apartment. The room had lovely décor and a very comfortable bed.
This B&B is ideally situated for visiting Redwood National Park. While we ventured on up the coast after one night, we could have stayed all three nights here and visited the northern sections of the park with minimal back tracking. If you plan to visit the park, Stout Grove at the north end, Yurok loop trail in the middle, and Lady Bird Johnson Grove were our favorites.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adventure58

I am happy you enjoyed your stay in the Tidepool room. It is a great room for private breakfasts for two. Please come again!

Reviewed 13 September 2013

We have traveled extensively and this was one of the best places ever. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable. The bed was same. Down pillows. The many windows looked out on a spectacular view of the bay. The manager gave us a senior discount and even at full price it was worth it. He also cooked and delivered our breakfast right to the table in our room every morning. We sat there eating and watching the boats in the bay. Nice places to walk and we would definitely go back.

1  Thank Pat B

Thank you for the wonderful review. I am so glad that you were able to stay here for the special occasion.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

When we're not in major cities, my husband and I enjoy staying in bed and breakfasts for their character. This place did not disappoint. We stayed in the Redwoods Room, which is nicer than the picture on the website suggests. It was very tastefully decorated with a mix of redwoods-themed pieces such as wood carvings and paintings. Attention was clearly paid to quality: there was an Amazon-style shower head, the sheets were high thread-count, and I'm pretty sure the nautical-style floor lamp and other parts and pieces were from Restoration Hardware. The attention to detail was also impressive; everything was highly personalized to the B&B. It was a very cozy, comfortable room with a superb view of the bay and lighthouse. We appreciated the healthy breakfasts as well as the chocolate-chip cookies prepared by Jason, the innkeeper. The only critique I had is that the towels had the slightly sour smell of towels that have not been thoroughly hot-dried. However, I think this could be due to a combination of the facts that (1) the towels are very large (being full bath-size) and heavy (being of qood quality), and (2) the weather is very damp. I mentioned the towels to Jason, who is clearly a very conscientious innkeeper, so I don't think it reflects on the quality of the innkeeping. In any event, we would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting the redwoods, and would certainly stay again ourselves.

Room Tip: I was disappointed at first not to get the Crab Pot, which looked really cute, but in retrospect the much larger proportions of the Redwoods Room was a blessing. We also enjoyed going down to breakfast in the mornings; it was pleasant meeting fellow travelers, even for people like us who like our privacy.
1  Thank JAG2008

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed the Redwoods room and the amenities offered. Thank you for bringing the towels to my attention. I now make sure the towels are dried extra. It is very helpful to the innkeeper, current and future guests when a problem is brought to the attention of the innkeeper. That way the situation can be fixed and everyone satisfied. I want all guests to enjoy their stay here.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

The best thing this B&B has going for it is the stunning view. But beware, it is located on a fairly busy road & the noise from cars was considerable. We found the innkeeper to be rather aloof & not all that friendly. Also, the room had no television & the bathroom didn't seem spotlessly clean by a long stretch. Really, the price we paid was ludicrous for the accommodation & breakfast. We traveled down the Oregon Coast & stayed in numerous B&B's. Nothing was anywhere near as expensive as this one - and many were actually nicer.

6  Thank flycamas