Trinidad Inn
Emerald Forest Cabins & RV(Trinidad)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$39
Official Site
US$442
US$395
All reviewscontinental breakfastfire pitfull kitchendefinitely stay here againfresh fruitkitchen areabeautiful areacomfy bedclose to townroad tripconvenient locationredwood treesone night stayrooms are spacioussmall townhidden gemcoffee maker
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My husband, sister and I recently stayed overnight at the Trinidad Inn on our way down the Pacific Coast. The setting is so peaceful and quiet with enormous trees and beautiful gardens. We were also traveling with our dog and there was plenty of space to walk her after a long day in the car. The rooms are very comfortable with full kitchens. We slept sound, woke up to a light breakfast served in the gazebo and we were quickly on our way. However, the temptation to stay and just enjoy the surroundings was great. We highly recommend the Trinidad Inn.

3  Thank Maga23
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We just spent 2 nights in this lovely place this past week. The rooms are clean and don't have that "hotel/motel feel". The room has a kitchen (everything included ie pots, pans, cups, plates, silverware etc) a nice little bathroom, very cozy beds with down comforters and both down and harder pillows. The rooms are decorated very well. There's a gas grill to use (which we did) a fire pit, a horse shoe pit and lovely scenery. The property has alot of charm is very well kept, and is very private. It's close to the Patricks Point State Park, which is one of the most beautiful and amazing places I have ever seen, and not too far from the Redwoods. There aren't many restaurants or stores around, so I would suggest doing all of your shopping ahead of time like we did. They have WiFi for you to pick up on your phone, but there is absolutely no signal for incoming/outgoing calls or texts (the only downfall). There's breakfast provided every morning at the gazebo (coffee, hot tea, cocoa, fresh fruit and muffins). I would and will recommend this place to everyone I know...I honestly never wanted to leave. This was the best trip I have ever been on in my life, and this wonderful place made it that much better. :)

1  Thank JessieD663
Reviewed 24 May 2013

We had quite a crew with us for a Humboldt graduation. Ages from a two year old to 2 nonagenarians plus a dog! The manager succeeded in accomodating all our needs which was greatly appreciated. She even had Humbuldt State coffee mugs filled with a pencil and chocolates as gifts for our group. The nightly fire was enjoyed as was the availability of the barbecue. A surprise was the continental breakfast set out each morning with delicious muffins, fruit, and strong coffee. The rooms were spacious and modest. Kitchens were equipped with the basics. The showers were tiny but the hot water flowed so who cared! My sister, who did the bookings, was adament about not wanting a chain hotel for this event as she wanted to be out in the environment. I have to say she scored as we were all delighted with our stay at Trinidad Inn. We are already trying to figure out when we can go back to this area.

Room Tip: There are rooms for dogs if you are traveling with a pet. Also, there is an arrangement with a living room, kitchen, and two bedrooms (one upstairs) for a larger group.
Reviewed 9 May 2013

A great place to spend the night and stay a while. Beautiful grounds with Blooming flowers, Near redwoods. It was Quiet Clean, had a Kitchen,Large bedroom nice bedding.
Staff very helpful. I would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for two nights on our way to Washington State, to explore the Redwood National Park area. We enjoyed it very much. The room was clean and very pleasant, and the bed was quite comfortable. The grounds were gorgeous; someone who loves gardening and is good at it is caring for this place. The breakfast was quite nice - I had no options other than fruit and tea, since I can't have refined sugar, but I understand that this is an unusual restriction and I didn't expect it to be accommodated. We did have some trouble with the heat in our room. The dial was not trustworthy; the room became much warmer than the setting we had chosen and then would not cool down - but on the second night we adjusted our setting and it was fine. The only other concern we had was that the shower (we were in Room 9 which has only a shower) was quite tiny. Neither of us are big people and we managed all right, but a larger person might have been unable to manage. We felt the price was great for the area and the accommodations.

Room Tip: Room 9 is very basic but priced accordingly - however it has a very small shower. A large, broad-shouldered person might find it difficult to use.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple