Ocean Grove Lodge
View Crest Lodge(Trinidad)(Great Value!)
US$263
Arcata/Eureka Holiday Inn Express(McKinleyville)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$168
US$85
US$90
US$83
Best Western Arcata Inn(Arcata)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$137
BestWestern.com
US$72
Motel 6
  • Pool
US$151
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was looking for a coastal spot to stay but everything was looking pretty awful in the cheap hotels and the beaches were lacking, so we moved on to Trinidad, instantly fell in love with the village and had rung ahead to Ocean Grove. Fell in love with their location. Yep a little pricey for what they are and the walls are thin, but a totally unique experience to sleep among those trees and in the village everyone working in the cafe's etc were extremely friendly and the food was nice and average price.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank spiritflight2014
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We were traveling up the coast and I wanted to stay in the middle of the redwoods but we had flown out to California so we didn't have a tent. The Ocean Grove Lodge has eight or ten cabins sitting in a grove of redwoods. Right outside the door to our cabin were giant trees soaring to the sky. It is a beautiful setting. They have worked to keep the trees and not just have a giant parking lot. In fact, it is one way in and then you have to wind your way back out through even more redwoods. Our cabin which I belive was #4 was clean, the furniture was a bit dated but fine. We enjoyed sitting outside and reading under the giant trees. The walls were thin. We could clearly hear the TV from the adjoining cabin and I don't think it was turned up that loud. Fortunately they turned it off around midnight. We tried to cover it up by running the heater but made our room super hot, so we did not get a good nights sleep. Several of the other "cabins" were old rundown looking trailers. At $90 a night it seemed overpriced. However, when I was checking prices that was about as good as I could find near the coast in Northern California. Our room was fine except for the thin wall but the trailers looked really bad. It did accomplish what we wanted, which was a place to stay in the middle of some redwoods. I'd stay again because of the beautiful environment outside of the room. However, if it wasn't in the middle of all the trees I would probably keep moving.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank McJayhawk
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Room number 2 is gross the Carpet, Bed, Bedding, nasty. Looked like blood stains on comforter. Could not get out of bed without shoes on. Stinks of either a propane leak or poop. Never again.Could be so cool.

• Stayed: August 2013
9  Thank 2004chevy
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We were forced to stay here because everything else was full in Trinidad. We got their last room which was their "suite" it was an old run down 2 bedroom mobile home that REEKED of cat piss and was very dirty! My 18 month old kept getting into the cupboards pulling out gross items others had left behind and at one point i noticed my daughter had something in her mouth, turned out to be a old piece of chewed up gum she had found on the floor! Absolutely disgusting!!!!! Better off sleeping in your car!! I couldn't sleep a wink due to the overwhelming stench of cat piss and mildew and woke up with a sore throat. The worst $125 i ever spent!

• Stayed: July 2013
8  Thank haileys-mama
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Dirty Room full of spider webs arrounf the beds, really bad smell and we found a huge spider by the sink. We tried telling the lady at the front desk but she didnt open the door for us. Over all DO NOT COME HERE!!

• Stayed: July 2013