We joined our family for their yearly camping trip at this site. Its a nice setting but there isn't much privacy and you can't help but get a bad whiff of the sewer lines. thank being said its in the middle of the redwoods and its a cute little place at first glance. With 2 kids a grandmother and a baby one on the way we chose to go for the 3 bedroom cabin (C). After the first night we noticed that they didn't make any of the beds and that the rooms were untouched besides the new towels. The next morning i saw the room cleaner and informed her that they didn't make our beds and that we'd like them made. She said she would make sure that they did them that night. Well when we got into our cabin that night we noticed that the beds wee made but they didn't change the sheets or vacuum. Keep in mind were in the redwoods and there are camp fires everywhere so we were hoping to take a shower and smell some fresh sheets, not the smoke stained ones we've now slept in two nights. In addition having to avoid old pine needles and dirt trails from the lack of vacuuming. So again the next morning i walked into the office and waited for the other people checking in to leave then i ask the lady at the front desk for a manager. (I think she's one of the owners but wouldn't admit it) She replied that there wasn't one there. So i proceeded to tell her what was was going on. She replied that "We don't change sheets or vacuum every day" I was a bit shocked, I explained that i don't expect the Hyaat but for $280 a night i expect a clean floor and sheets. By then another lady had walked in and i was ultimatly blown off. Later that evening the same lady (Owner) and the housekeeper came to the cabin, the housekeeper was rally nice and said it wasn't standard but she would omit. So for our last night we got our floors cleaned, but still dirty sheets. While attempting to checkout i asked the (owner lady) if i could please review our bill before she ran our card, her reply was "no". To which i replied you do not have permission to use that card. She eventually gave me the printout which didn't reflect the AAA discount. Then when my wife insisted on it she tells her husband "they have been a problem all week, and throws my credit card at my wife. LOL!! Needless to say We'll NEVER stay here again. It might be ok for camping in tents or RV parking but our cabin experience was a nightmare! A few more quick things to add, the FREE WiFi doesn't work anywhere! And only 2 of the TV's of the 4 in the cabin in worked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We'll help you rediscover your endless youth. OUR STORY - We are people first. We love the great outdoors, having grown up swimming in rivers and hiking among the redwoods. We are parents and children, siblings and friends. We recognize the importance of family. We look forward to bringing the high level of customer service you have come to expect to our newest addition, Emerald Forest Cabins & RV. WHAT WE OFFER - Proximity to Trinidad Harbor, great restaurants nearby, fire rings & picnic tables, clean cabins & courteous hosts with a desire to make your stay a warm, memorable experience. Most of all, we offer you the opportunity to slow down and get in touch with those you love. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Forest Cabins & RV reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Emerald Forest Of Trinidad Hotel Trinidad
- Emerald Forest Cabins & RV Trinidad, California