View Crest Lodge
  • Restaurant
Great 4.5/5
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
All reviewshot tubfull kitchenpatrick's point state parksea lionsnice deckyoung familythe cottagesbedroom cottagelarge familyspent two nightswould definitely stay here againqueen bedfront porchbeds were comfortablewi filiving areaprairie creek
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My husband and I were on our anniversary/my college graduation trip and we wanted to relax near the redwoods and the coast. THIS WAS THE PERFECT WAY TO DO IT! Our trip started out a little rocky in another hotel in a city I will not mention and View Crest made up for that.
Also, this is usually hard for me to say as I am a housekeeping manager at a 4 start hotel in Portland and I am picky about the cleanliness of my hotels. It was VERY CLEAN, and comfortable. The spa tub in the bathroom was tremendous and I took advantage of that in our room. The bed was perfect, not too soft and not to hard (I feel like goldie locks saying that) and my husband and I rested very very well. It was quiet and our room had a small angled view where we could see the ocean. The patio had a BBQ (which if we had stayed longer would have taken advantage of) and the patio was big enough to sit out and enjoy the peace and quiet.
It was close to everything we needed, 20 minutes from plenty of hiking trails into the redwoods, and within 15 minutes of beaches. Trinidad is right down the road and easy access if you want to shop at their local grocery store to cook in your cottage (we did and enjoyed having that option) or want to eat at one of their restaurants, or go to the little memorial they have for those lost at sea which hosts fantastic views over their bay.
The person who checked us in was knowledgeable of the area and he was friendly.

Room Tip: Book a room with the spa tub... it was fabulous!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Kristen J
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The room was dirty when we arrived; old food on counters/stove, leaves on the carpet, hair and dirt in the bathroom drawers. I went to the office and asked the manager for some anti-bacterial wipes. He gave us some, apologized, but did not offer to have the room cleaned or switch rooms. Advertised as a ocean view, really you could only see the ocean if you stood on the front porch and craned your head to the left. I feel for the money and description, it was very overpriced. On a side note, we have stayed at Turtle Rocks Inn right across the street and it was lovely

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Hosanna H
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in cabin #10 for three nights. It had a full kitchen, large bathroom with jetted tub and separate shower, a deck where we ate our meals after cooking on the provided BBQ. We enjoyed the scenery of the ocean, the redwoods, and the sounds of the sea lions and the ocean. Our cabin was set back from the road and the property was far enough away from 101 to have no traffic noise, We could only glimpse the ocean through the trees from our deck, but from the picnic tables we enjoyed our dessert and wine every night as we watched the sun go down. Patrick point SP is less than a mile away with beach access and redwoods to enjoy. Beautiful scenery and clean cabins, still wish we were there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Steve_and_Lisa30
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I dropped in one evening after a long day of driving. The cozy cabins and beautiful grounds were a welcome relief. The sounds of the seals on the rocks below just added to the atmosphere. The views are limited due to the trees but you do catch openings where you can see the ocean. My only regret is that we couldn't stay longer. The Patrick's Point state park just down the road has a wonderful beach and some excellent hiking. The little town of Trinidad is lovely as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank BBTex
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I (in our late 20's) stayed here for one night (Cabin #6). We were upgraded for free to a suite with the jacuzzi!! don't know why? just to be nice? so that was an amazing start! You approach the home and call the number and the nice guy comes out and give you your room key and shows you where to go! It was fully equipped with anything you might need in the kitchen, along with a little dining table, couch, comfy chair and bed, and bath/shower. The Jacuzzi was warmed up for us and ready to use upon entering the cabin. We loved the view, our picnic table outside and a large deck with a table and chairs. Wish we could have had friends with us to enjoy this! I loved our stay and it felt so cozy. It is older 90s decor, it is not a fancy, new hotel, and yes, it did smell like mold. Normally, I am picky, but I did not mind it at all and just loved staying here. I would stay here again, it was a great deal and beautiful view. You must drive into the "town"- made up of a few stores and fewer restaurants. The small healthy place (forgot the name) that served burgers was excellent. I wouldn't visit the others. The one coffee shop in the town was amazing and pretty much everyone has to go there because there is no where else to go, but it is adorable! Super healthy and organic everything. Would stay again and it is adorable!

Room Tip: Cabin #6 with the Jacuzzi!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple