All reviews sugar bowl donner lake picnic tables boat rentals large parking lot full kitchen small refrigerator end of the day short drive rooms are clean perfect location wonderful stay would stay here again doner easy access downtown truckee balcony
Reviewed 7 April 2016

Great location for a ski weekend in North Tahoe. Close to Truckee, Squaw and Sugarbowl. Great to have a little kitchen to bring own food! Beautiful view of Donner Lake and easy drive over Donner Pass or I80 if the weather is bad.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2016

This was our first time here. This is a lakeside hotel on Donner Lake, a few miles from Lake Tahoe. We stayed in the Winter because its less than 15 miles from Squaw Valley and even closer to Sugar Bowl, Northstar etc. The place is up-to-date in decor, has good, easy to access and free internet and the people there were very nice. My impression is that it would be a great lakeside place in summer. We used it mostly as a crash pad during the 2016 Presidents day long weekend to do four days of skiing. It was reasonably pricing relative to the resorts for this peak weekend. We'd stay again and recommend it to others.

Room Tip: If you're skiing, you'll want a first floor room as there is no elevator in the building
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Pablo G
Reviewed 27 January 2016

We rented one of the Town homes on the Lake. AMAZING view. The place was perfect for a mother and FOUR teenage boys ready for some snowboarding at North Star. I had the upstairs all to myself. Super comfortable bed. The boys had the downstairs and loved it. The kitchen was fully equipped. I have not complaints. However, the only caviat was that wifi was very weak and our boys could not stream their movies. My thoughts on that......"Play a game" or go play in the snow. If you can't be away from this stuff for a weekend, then don't bother!!!! The kids STILL Managed to have the time of their lives and thanked me all the way down the hill.

The staff here was very nice and helpful.

I would come back and rent the same exact unit!

Room Tip: Rent a Town home if you have 4 or more people. Reasonable
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
5  Thank Shellie T
Reviewed 10 January 2016

I feel sorry about giving this a one-star, because all the staff we interacted with were exceptionally nice and helpful. But the facility is literally a dump. Most of the electrical outlets in our room did not work. The overhead light flicked on and off. The bed made us sore. It was shockingly bad. I'm not a grump - I've never given any restaurant, hotel or business a one-star review. Stay away!

Room Tip: The condos are individually owned, so some of them may be better than the dump we stayed in.
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
4  Thank MoAnderson
beckymoore, Manager at Donner Lake Village, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2016

Thank you for your complements about our staff in your review. They work hard to take care of all our guest's needs. We were sorry to read the rest of your comments about your room and wish that you had contacted us during your stay to fix the lighting issues. We are in the process of room and furniture upgrades at Donner Lake Village. It sounds like the room you stayed in has not had a bed upgrade yet. I would like your assistance in identifying which room you were in so we can improve the upgrade speed. I hope to speak with you directly about your experience. Please contact me at Info@donnerlakevillage.com or at (530)583-5500 x4013. Again, we are very sorry about your experience and are working hard to make important improvements at Donner Lake Village.
Becky Moore
Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2015

The location is nice but the hotel lacks any character. With all the other charming hotels in Tahoe and air bnb, I won't choose Donner Lake Village again unless everything else is booked. Be wary of making a reservation here if there is any chance at all you might not be able to keep it - their 'policy' is to keep the full cost of your stay if you need to change dates (no matter what the emergency), even if they are able to rent your room to someone else. Customer service? Not at Donner Lake Village.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
5  Thank Andrew K

I am sorry you had a poor customer service experience at Donner Lake Village. While we understand that plans change and sympathize with your frustration, our 7 day cancellation policy is communicated clearly throughout the reservation and confirmation process. When plans do change, we do make efforts to rebook the room however in this case, during the holiday season and on short notice, we were unable to do so. I hope you can understand the need for such a policy. Thank you for your feedback.
Becky Moore