“Wonderful week at PREC”

Piping Rock Equestrian Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Trail Rides, Lessons, Summer Camp, After School Kids Camp, Horsemanship Clinics including team penning, Year Round Horse BoardingAmenitiesFour Arenas total Two Arenas, 108X180 and 125X250, all weather Jumper Rings with wooden jumps, poles and sprinklers80X160 Indoor Arena with sprinklers100X200 - Full Size Dressage Court with sprinklers3 miles of improved trot and conditioning lanes32 Steel MD stalls with private tackrooms, thirty two 12X24 attached paddocks and heated Nelson waters12 48 x 48 summer Paddocks6 Oversized TurnoutsWash Rack with Hot WaterTrailer ParkingBridle Path around 71 acre farm. Backs to National Forest/numerous trails
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful week at PREC”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We spend a couple of weeks in the Tahoe/Truckee area every summer and are constantly looking for something fun to do. A friend was sending their kids to pony camp, so we sent our two along with them, and the kids had a blast! We found ourselves staying late everyday after to camp to feed to horses carrots and we even bottle fed a calf named Iris. Two days, while the kids were at camp, my friend and I went on an 1 1/2 trail ride, and I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! Maybe horses have always secretly been my passion?

Yesterday was the kids last day of camp, and I can tell you, they were not the only sad ones to go. Next summer we plan on getting them in the afternoon camp with more riding for at least two weeks, I plan on taking a lesson or two! Highlight of our vacation!

Visited August 2013
5 Thank Lacy S

Lemoore, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“best ride ever”
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Last year we stayed in Truckee while the boys mountain biked I got to get last horseback riding in the mountain of the area. I tried two different horse rental locations in the area, while both facilities offered about the same price/time the expriences were greatly different. I had a great time at the other place but Piping Rock is first on my list this year. Already making reservations for our next trip.

Visited July 2012