“Nice location but staff nothing special”

Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Truckee
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at many Hampton Inns and Hilton properties. This property is nice with a pool, fire pit, games and toys for the kids to borrow and a laundry facility. However, except for the maid and the nice young man working evenings, we found he staff very unfriendly and the breakfast people annoying. The bald man at the desk was not friendly and stared a lot. During breakfast the two ladies working acted like you were messing up their kitchen. The would not allow me to flip my own waffle and every 2 mins tried to take my paper dishes. It was not busy so not sure why they were rushing us. I have never had any other Hampton act this way. Breakfast was not relaxing. The rates are about $200 a night even when not busy. We had the pool to ourselves each time we went. Not sure we will be back. A/c unit did smell in room so we just opened the window at night.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank tanks55

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My family stayed there for two nights, both nights it was very quiet and peaceful. The people working the front desk were not friendly and were at points rude. The women working the continental breakfast were a little to friendly, wanting to get all my food for me. They even went to the point of touching my food with their bare hands and setting it on my plate. Not very appetizing if you ask me. The location of the hotel was great, only a few minutes from downtown and close to parks. We enjoyed the cookies offered in the afternoon and the fire pit outside. The pool was nice and so the fitness center, though very small, was helpful for our stay. Definitely a place to stay if you want to get in and out and not spend a lot of time there.

Room Tip: The A/C unit was hard to use and smelt horrible. We choose to turn it off completely and open the wi...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank CaliforniaToOregon
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Perfectly situated between Truckee & the north side of Lake Tahoe, making it easy to reach either very quickly. Great restaurants just a few minutes away in downtown Truckee. Our room was clean & well furnished, breakfast is good, and service is great. The GM was very attentive and friendly. The hotel has a very cool Tahoe decor!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Kathryn at Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe Truckee on 11951 State Hwy 267
96161 is an asset to this hotel. She is friendly and efficient. Every guest I heard her interact with she made them feel very special like they were the only guest there.

Room Tip: Tell Kathryn what your needs are she will take great care of you.
Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

My husband's family had their reunion here and we stayed 5 nights. There were 28 of us. The staff was so kind, helpful and accommodating. Our room was spacious and nicely appointed. The breakfast is really good and you can make healthy choices. Rick, Armando, Letty and Diane were some of my personal standouts. We can't wait to return! Very close to town, hiking, Lake Tahoe and Donner.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family and I stayed there in the middle June. The hotel was a lot nicer than I imagined. However, the friendliness and attention to detail by the staff is what really impressed me. The first person I met was the GM Rick who looked like he belonged in a mortuary by the look of his black suit. J/K. He was friendly and warm. The woman working the breakfast bar, Gloria, was especially friendly and helpful. I made sure I gave her a tip every morning I was there. It seemed like she never got tips because she was so happy to receive any sort of thank you. Gloria was awesome! And last but not least, all the front desk staff was exceedingly welcoming. I dealt with Steve and Kaylee multiple times and they were both so helpful. My wife and I were so impressed by them that we couldn't stop talking about their positive attitude! We will make sure we make it out there again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank remlapkim
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

There is only a few things that will remind you of a Hampton Inn such as the breakfast and bedding. The rest of it will remind you of being at a lodge The front desk was courteous and helpful the breakfast staff was right on everything including making a waffle for you.
They definitely tried to make you feel like you are at Tahoe. We would definitely stay there again. The prices are fair for the area.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Truckee
Best Western Plus Truckee-Tahoe Hotel
#11 of 13 in Truckee
The Village At Squaw Valley
The Village At Squaw Valley
#3 of 5 in Olympic Valley

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe-Truckee? Share your experiences!